NFLN's Top 100 Players: QBs on tonight (1 Viewer)

TechDawg09

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
They're saying quarterbacks bookend the rankings to be released tonight, one at 20 and one at 11. There are also 5 QBs left on the list, Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers & Vick.

I haven't heard anything about Brees being included on the list tonight, and he better be in the top 10. So I'm thinking that tonight it's Vick at 20 and Rodgers at 11.

I don't really know why I watch this, but hey..football is football I guess.

its for the past season, not career. Brees had an off season last year and rodgers had one of his best.

its for the past season, not career. Brees had an off season last year and rodgers had one of his best.

The show is the 100 Best Players of 2011. The rankings are the best players of THIS year, as voted by the players. The players were allowed to use whatever criteria they wanted. Some may have voted based on last season's performance; while others may have taken the whole body of work into account.

From the commercials I gather that Larry Fitzgerald introduces one of the qbs on tonight's show. I can't figure out which qb he has any connection to. Surely he wouldn't be the presenter for DB9....

The show is the 100 Best Players of 2011. The rankings are the best players of THIS year, as voted by the players. The players were allowed to use whatever criteria they wanted. Some may have voted based on last season's performance; while others may have taken the whole body of work into account.

See, that's what makes the list so inconsistent and that's why I think it's flawed. How can you expect anyone to rank players (even other players) without basing the rankings on a set criteria? Either base it on the players' whole body of work or on a specific time frame and that way everyone is on the same page. But don't let everyone choose their own criteria. It's a worthless ranking system if you ask me.

And don't call it the "Top 100 Players of 2011" because that clouds the issue further. :covri:

Leave it to NFLN to mess it up. :angryrazz:

I've heard elsewhere (PFT?) that Vick will be on tonights show. I will be little disappointed if Brees isn't ahead of Rodgers. I mean Brees was known as a top 3/4 QB before his super bowl I dont think you could say the same about Rodgers.

I doubt Brees will be on the list. Each week a Saints player has appeared on the list, nola.com has previewed it. This week, they did not preview Brees being on the list so I would be hardpressed to believe he would be on it though it could easily be a situation where nola did not want to reveal it too earlier much to some of our disappointment.

In my opinion, Drew should be no lower than 5 and even that's reaching for me. I could make a case for him being #1 or 2 though I know that he likely won't get the former and the latter will be made difficult by the league's love affair with Brady and Manning.

Every week they have shadow photos of the players from that week's episodes on the nfl.com front page and this week has the two quarterbacks on the list and from the looks of them it will be Vick and Rodgers.

Brees is going to be in the top 10, something we all know already

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom