"NFL's Best Rivalry" (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dat-vs-brotherhood-saints-vs-falcons-nfls-best-rivalry-060941306.html

Strange to see someone not us refer to Saints/Falcons in those terms.

Is he right? I know when I was a lot younger, Cowboys/Redskins was big, but these days, neither fanbase can get up enough energy to really hate.

Packers/Bears is still a big player, I think.

But is it possible that these two "young" franchises that are sort of afterthoughts on the national stage might be the best current NFL rivalry?

Trying to take a step back myself: There is a TON of vitriol between Saints fans and Falcons fans. I get there are other more media-prominent rivalries depicted, but I honestly think this one is up there. It's hard to quantify that though I think.

That just felt.....good. Haven't seen somebody from the outside nail it like that in a long time.

For some reason ANY of the AFC North teams playing each other always seems heated and violent. Some of the NFC North gets like that too. The NFC East doesn't seem as crazy as it used to.

:ROFLMAO:

Competitive down to the end of the fourth quarter, the game ended in a narrow 27-24 victory for New Orleans.

Oh, and in that game? The Falcons blew a 21-3 lead. Yeah, some things never change.

Obviously I'm biased, but I think one thing that fuels this rivalry more than most of the others is the comparative success of the two teams. They both have similar franchise records in total and against each other. Falcons have lost 2 Super Bowls, Saints have only been in one, but won it. It's pretty close (other than that lombardi).

Of course now Drew is setting pushing the goalposts out of reach in comparative records/legend power.

But I think the best rivalries are the ones where the two teams are roughly equal.

I don't own anything red because of my disdain for the Falcons. They effectively eliminated an entire color for me.

Rainbows make me mad because they are 15% Falcons colors.

Yeah, its a pretty big rivalry for me.

Packers/Bears has been a joke of a rivalry for the past decade, in which it's mostly been one-sided games of Green Bay blowing them out.

Ravens/Steelers I think is a better comparison to Saints/Falcons. The Ravens are essentially the old Browns and they picked back up right where the old Browns left off from the 90's with how they handle Pittsburgh.

I truly despise the Falcons, and I am offended by the fact that they exist. I think the game that sealed my eternal hatred of them was the playoff game in 91. A soul-crusher.

And maybe this makes me a small person, but I watched the final 17 minutes of the 28-3 super bowl at least 12, maybe 15 times. The joy that it brings me cannot be a healthy thing. But hell, just thinking about it makes me want to go watch it again.

i was walking in the kitchen today to get a delicious bottle of water and noticed that the time on the oven said 3:28. Laughed to myself and drank some water as I went to the living room.

49ers/ Cowboys in the 90's. That game was the Super Bowl. You had two juggernauts that were miles ahead of everyone else.

Today? I'll say Ravens/Steelers.

I truly despise the Falcons, and I am offended by the fact that they exist. I think the game that sealed my eternal hatred of them was the playoff game in 91. A soul-crusher.

And maybe this makes me a small person, but I watched the final 17 minutes of the 28-3 super bowl at least 12, maybe 15 times. The joy that it brings me cannot be a healthy thing. But hell, just thinking about it makes me want to go watch it again.
Yeah Steelers/Ravens is the only one that’s comparable
I think what separates NO/Atl from all others is that the cities themselves are rivals
If Hou/Dal or SF/LA were in the same division it might be similar
But NO knows that the city of Atlanta sucks and Atlanta knows that Atlanta sucks and are jealous that NO is 8x smaller and 80x cooler

Color me skeptical, but I think they're trying to pump up a game that looked better on paper in the off season than it does now.

I despise the city of Atlanta as much as the Falcons team. It’s everything I never want to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom