NFL's biggest defensive stars barely lay a finger on Saints offense (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
JJ Watt, Jadeveon Clowney, Demarcus Lawrence, Shaq Barnett, Calais Campbell, Khalil Mack.

These guys are on everyone's list of the most disruptive, challenging defensive players in the NFL. Versus the Saints in 2019, their combined stat line:

Sacks - 1
Turnovers - 0
Tackles for loss - 1
Combined tackles - 18*

(eight of which were Khalil Mack, none behind the line of scrimmage)

JJ Watt, Jadeveon Clowney, Demarcus Lawrence, Shaq Barnett, Calais Campbell, Khalil Mack.

These guys are on everyone's list of the most disruptive, challenging defensive players in the NFL. Versus the Saints in 2019, their combined stat line:

Sacks - 1
Turnovers - 0
Tackles for loss - 1
Combined tackles - 18*

(eight of which were Khalil Mack, none behind the line of scrimmage)
Aaron Donald didn't even really have a monster game against us either. I don't count that game when considering anything this season though because like the whole team totally lost focus after Brees got hurt.

That's a hell of a feat our OL has accomplished thus far. Here's to their continued health and great play.

I think Donald had a good game. Remember he got hurt and was out a whole quarter. Not only did he get to Brees, the whole d-line gave Teddy hell. Dallas ate us up too - remember Quinn blowing right past Armstead - but otherwise the O-line has played well.

I think Donald had a good game. Remember he got hurt and was out a whole quarter. Not only did he get to Brees, the whole d-line gave Teddy hell. Dallas ate us up too - remember Quinn blowing right past Armstead - but otherwise the O-line has played well.

Donald had 1 TFL, 1 QB pressure, and 1 total tackles. He was more disruptive than his stat line.

I heard that our POTUS is putting Ryan Ramczyk down at the Mexico border because nothing gets past him

For whatever reason--having to travel on a short week after an emotional victory, typical struggles against a Wade Phillips offense (which seems to give Payton trouble going back to '09), Donald's ability--we did struggle against the Rams. There's no way around it. And it cost us our starting QB for a good chunk of the season. Everyone else our O line has dominated.

he blew by Armstead bc McCoy snapped the ball early

Watt and Donald, I could see them limiting. Watt is past his prime, and weve had success with Donald in the past. Kahlil Mack is a different, dynamic speed beast. I thought we would have fits with him blasting around the end. That performance was more impressive than Watt or Donald IMO.

Good stuff here, Chuck.

Should be the subject of a major article, you know if it's a down day to report Cowboys, Brady, Rodgers, Pats news.
Not today. The Cow patties beat the mediocre eagles & now they're being touted for the superbowl again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom