NFL's flawed obsession w/ Taysom Hill types: theringer article (1 Viewer)

There is only one Taysom Hill, period.
If you read the whole article, that's pretty much their point. That Taysom is a physical freak and can't easily be replicated because he's so talented in so many different ways. They're just unsure of him as a full-time QB.

Good article. Seems to ignore the possibility that Taysom could have improved as a passer since college. And it's not like Tom Brady lit it up at Michigan... But I share the concern with his passing ability. Will be interesting to watch this pre-season and season. He'll be given an opportunity to prove that he's Brees' successor.

Not only do you need a unique athlete like Taysom, but I think you need to have a coaching staff with “a vision for the player” and the ability to make it work, to have success doing this.

It’s statistically a smart move for anyone to write the article. He has a chance to say see I told you so. And despite the recent success of say the Ravens last year, the record for athletic QBs in the NFL is not good and is usually littered with as many injuries as wins. And there is nothing to prove that what we do won’t just be the latest run and shoot or wildcat - something wildly successful early on until teams start building defenses for it.

But Payton knows offense. He knows how to produce top offenses with pocket passer. So this isn’t something he has to do in order to produce. It’s what he feels is the way forward. If you aren’t going forward your going backward and he has earned my trust until proven otherwise. I think he has earned it from all of us, particularly where offense is concerned.

if and when he becomes the QB ( only ) he wont be playing all these positions, and he said himself that he wouldnt take as many chances being he would be playing only QB. he doesnt have to worry about that right now...

The whole league is waiting for the day TH takes over Brees. Cause the Saints are gonna have a bottom 5 quarterback in the league. There’s a reason nobody was lining up for him this offseason.

My only real argument with the article is that it totally ignores the fact that the Saints offense is currently designed around Drew Brees. The writer implies that Payton can’t really believe in Hill as a viable NFL QB because he played Bridgewater in front of him when Brees got hurt. I think everyone who seriously follows the team understands that a major factor in Hill’s success or failure will lie in Payton’s ability to redesign the Saints’s attack to fit Hill’s skill set. And that’s not going to happen until Drew hangs ‘em up for good...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom