NFL's rules are a complete farce. (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Watching the Thursday Night game this evening has made it obvious that there is no true definition for many of the penalties that are being called lately. The Browns have been raped by calls that are going against them which would NEVER be called against any team that is leading in the standings. I have watched perfectly legal tackles turn into first downs via Personal Foul penalties.

With no clear understanding of what constitutes a Personal Foul, the game is more manipulatable than ever before and it is becoming so obvious why viewership is waning.

Once the integrity is gone, it's just a flashier version of pro wrestling. There's got to be a way for the officials to make the right calls without being scared to make the wrong one. The league has made it impossible for referees to call a good game. :aargh:

I agree. That 3 man sack looked perfect to me, even on replay.

The "hands to the face" in the middle of full traffic is a total joke.

also, on the Browns first interception, it was called down at the one, his knee touched before he went into the endzone. but, had that been the receiver catching the ball, it would have been a touchdown. why is the defensive guy down without contract, but the receiver has to be touched to be down. I don't get it..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

only watch saints games. boycott espn. laugh at the so-called "integrity of the game"

I didn't watch the whole game so I can't speak to that.

But one thing I find odd is the rule on intentional grounding. It certainly seemed like it used to be that if you were hit as you threw, it didn't matter where the ball wound up, it wasn't the quarterback's fault he couldn't get the ball within 5 yards of a receiver because he was hit when he threw it. It seems like that rule has completely changed. I've seen intentional grounding called many times this year even though the qb got hit as he threw.

According to this 2016 rule book clarifies intentional grounding | ProFootballTalk it should still be that way, but it certainly doesn't seem like it.

Early in the game, Flacco got hit as he threw and the announcers seemed to think it would be a penalty for intentional grounding. Instead, they called roughing the quarterback. It was interesting to me because they didn't call both, and I don't know that I've ever seen an NFL game where they called intentional grounding and roughing the passer on the same play, which when you think about it, should happen somewhat frequently.

I agree with this and throw in the refs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom