NFL's Top 100 (2 Viewers)

So we know we have 7 total Saints on the list and that Ramczyk was 82 and Lattimore was 76. Do you guys agree with those two rankings? I think Rams deserves to be higher. I have a feeling Cant Guard Mike is 2 overall. Then Cam, DeMario, Kamara, & Brees would be somewhere in there.
I agree on Lattimore. Ramczyk at 82 is ridiculous. He should at least be ranked near the Packers' Bakhtiari. I think they are neck and neck right now.

I just hope there's a season, then I'll worry about who the top players are. I do have high hopes for the Saints OL.

Me too, very excited if they can stay healthy....my Big 10 friend who is a huge MI fan says Ruiz will be the best C in the NFL within 2 years....he was right on both Streif becoming an eventual starter and Ram being a top 2-3 RT within 2 years as well....we will see....

No Armstead ?

This is why I can't take these lists seriously.....

Call me a hater, but I just can’t buy in to Lamar. I believe he’s a generational talent, but unlike Mahomes, Lamar isn’t a generational QB. I can just about guarantee that he won’t be half as effective the next few seasons as he was this past one.

These lists make me understand why players aren’t allowed a HOF or MVP vote. They seem to be just as biased/clueless as sports writers. The only thing Lamar does better than Mahomes is run. I have no issue if Russ comes in at 2. Next to Brees, he may be one of the most underrated HOF level QB’s in the history of the game.

It's based off last season alone. He had a great MVPesque year. They're not looking at who is a generational talent or have the best career over all. If that was the case Brees would have been behind Brady but ahead of Lamar. Its. just. last. year. Based off last year alone, who were the top 100 players entering the season? Kamara slipped down the list because he missed several games and played injured. If McCaffrey gets hurt, he will fall down the list too. The voting is based off of what the player just did. It's hard to argue against the season that guy just had.

The players are doing it right. You're doing it wrong.

It's based off last season alone. He had a great MVPesque year. They're not looking at who is a generational talent or have the best career over all. If that was the case Brees would have been behind Brady but ahead of Lamar. Its. just. last. year. Based off last year alone, who were the top 100 players entering the season? Kamara slipped down the list because he missed several games and played injured. If McCaffrey gets hurt, he will fall down the list too. The voting is based off of what the player just did. It's hard to argue against the season that guy just had.

The players are doing it right. You're doing it wrong.

Just like the players have opinions, so do I and many others who also have disagreed with Lamar’s ranking. No, I’m not doing wrong to say that Lamar isn’t as good as Pat. And you aren’t the arbiter of who gets to share/hold differing opinions.

I don’t know how many countless threads have been written on here labeling the MVP award as a glorified popularity contest.

We all know that several MVP winners weren’t actually better than the players they won against, but public narratives drive votes. Also, the NFL 100 list was initially a projection on the future performance of each player.

It wasn’t an assessment of what a player had done, but rather a prognostication of how he’d perform in the coming season. Looking at how the past season ended, do you think Lamar will outperform Pat? I don’t.

Just like the players have opinions, so do I and many others who also have disagreed with Lamar’s ranking. No, I’m not doing wrong to say that Lamar isn’t as good as Pat. And you aren’t the arbiter of who gets to share/hold differing opinions.

I don’t know how many countless threads have been written on here labeling the MVP award as a glorified popularity contest.

We all know that several MVP winners weren’t actually better than the players they won against, but public narratives drive votes. Also, the NFL 100 list was initially a projection on the future performance of each player.

It wasn’t an assessment of what a player had done, but rather a prognostication of how he’d perform in the coming season. Looking at how the past season ended, do you think Lamar will outperform Pat? I don’t.

1. What you previously stated in this thread as your justification was wrong. It's saved so stop back peddling.

2. Again you're wrong. The players are asked during the off-season to rank the players based off their most recent performance, the season that just ended. They are NOT (purposely not) asked to say who they think will be better next season. Look it up.

3. Compare Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes' stats from last year. Jackson arguably had the better season when you look at the total picture. Significantly more TDs, but fewer yards. Plus he was a 1,200 yards rushing and 8 rushing TDs.

Back to the example I used before. Is Kamara the 42nd best player in the league? No! But based off his last season, I can see why he fell to 42. NOBODY ranked Kamara 42 because they think he's going to be the 42nd best player this upcoming season. It's purely based off last year. I'd bet he returns to the top 15 like the year before and I'd bet other players in the league think he's a top 15 player in a full healthy season but thats not what they were asked to do.

1. What you previously stated in this thread as your justification was wrong. It's saved so stop back peddling.

2. Again you're wrong. The players are asked during the off-season to rank the players based off their most recent performance, the season that just ended. They are NOT (purposely not) asked to say who they think will be better next season. Look it up.

3. Compare Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes' stats from last year. Jackson arguably had the better season when you look at the total picture. Significantly more TDs, but fewer yards. Plus he was a 1,200 yards rushing and 8 rushing TDs.

Back to the example I used before. Is Kamara the 42nd best player in the league? No! But based off his last season, I can see why he fell to 42. NOBODY ranked Kamara 42 because they think he's going to be the 42nd best player this upcoming season. It's purely based off last year. I'd bet he returns to the top 15 like the year before and I'd bet other players in the league think he's a top 15 player in a full healthy season but thats not what they were asked to do.

After you’re done typing up this word salad, my opinion is the same. My stance is the same. Your argument attempting dissuade me is pointless. I said what I said. I meant what I meant. And you will deal.

After you’re done typing up this word salad, my opinion is the same. My stance is the same. Your argument attempting dissuade me is pointless. I said what I said. I meant what I meant. And you will deal.
I agree with him and not you. He makes more sense, and is supported by facts and logic. And you will deal.

I agree with him and not you. He makes more sense, and is supported by facts and logic. And you will deal.

Fact: the NFL Top 100 is based on BOTH past season’s performance and a prognostication for upcoming season’s performance. So players were not only judging last year’s results; they were also stating which of the two will play better for this season as well.

Fact: based on individual stats Drew is statistically the goat, unfortunately most don’t view him in that light.

Fact: Mahomes was ‘18 MVP, yet Drew was ranked by the players above him. So the MVP who burned the record books with his play was defeated by the old timer, who many of us believed had the better year despite not having the sexy, mind blowing stats.

Facts ALONE aren’t the only factor used to determine public opinion. Many people also go by what they witness/see during the games.

While a large number agreed with the ranking, droves of people (including current and former players) had an adverse reaction to Lamar being placed above Pat- despite the regular season “facts”.

Final thought: The amount of “couldn’t care less” I have regarding you and anyone else not agreeing WITH MY OPINION is endless. Imagine thinking that I’m supposed to be upset that you all don’t share my view. Tuh!

FYI Saying 'fact' doesn't make a statement a fact.

After you’re done typing up this word salad, my opinion is the same. My stance is the same. Your argument attempting to dissuade me is ineffective. I said what I said. I meant what I meant. And you will deal.

"The NFL Top 100 is an annual list that features the top one hundred players in the National Football League (NFL), as chosen by fellow NFL players. The rankings are based on an off-season poll organized by the NFL, whereby players vote on their peers based on their performance for the recent NFL season. Only players that are not retired in the next season are eligible for consideration."

"The NFL Top 100 is an annual list that features the top one hundred players in the National Football League (NFL), as chosen by fellow NFL players. The rankings are based on an off-season poll organized by the NFL, whereby players vote on their peers based on their performance for the recent NFL season. Only players that are not retired in the next season are eligible for consideration."

You didn't preface that with 'Fact:', so it doesn't count.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom