NHL 2021-2022. Hockey is back! (1 Viewer)

Rangers force game 6 after winning tonight. Maybe just maybe they can win in Pittsburgh and force a game 7 at MSG
Grrr…couldn’t watch the game tonight; only able to see score updates.

Pens had a 2-0 lead in the second and then I guess the Rangers scored 3 goals in about 5 minutes? Pens apparently got it to 3-3 but NY went ahead in the third (believe on a PP goal) and then sealed it with a late EN goal.
And, I just read that Crosby left the game late in the second with the dreaded “upper body injury”.
Oh well… back to PPG for game 6

Last edited:
Game 6 Rangers vs Penguins tonight, hope this one goes better than last time they were the road team

Here to post my obligatory Go Avs! and crossing fingers and toes I'm not jinxing them again.

If they do not at least make it to the SC final, there's no way Bednar sees another season.

I'm expecting Calgary to put the Stars out of their misery tonight. But that said, the Stars will probably win like 4-1.

I figured this reaction may become an internet thing so I went ahead and created it.

f35fbc8c-0a91-41ac-ae58-c83164a2beeb.gif

As expected, the Rangers wore down the Pens and have forced a deciding Game 7 in NY.

Had hoped we could catch lightning a bottle, but the bottle has a few too many cracks.

.... aaaaaand the Caps exit stage left.

2 minutes left in the 4th game, the Caps were winning the game by 1 goal and the series 2 games to 1... the Florida goalie leaves the net for a 6th attacker... Hathaway steals a puck around the face off circle and shoots the puck across the ice towards the net... the puck hits the post... Florida picks it up, and proceeds to tie the game, sending it to overtime, in which Florida scores to win the game and tie the series.

The 5th game, the Caps are up 3-0 midway to the 2nd period. Game ends 3-5 Panthers.

Something about inches and missed opportunities blah blah blah...

At least let the Hurricanes knock off the Bruins, please!

I can empathize.

Pens had a chance to close it out at home, despite being down to their third goalie, down their first line center, 2 other forwards and and a D.

Rodrigues takes a very undisciplined retaliatory penalty and the Rangers score immediately on the power play. Letang then had another Letang moment and just floats in Domingue’s sightline and screens him when there was no Ranger in the low slot to account for.

Pens also had one of the worst 5-3 power plays I’ve seen in quite some time. Massive opportunity squandered.

I get that the Rangers are the younger, quicker team, but the Pens had way too many breakdowns. I’ve nothing but respect for Mike Sullivan, but I’d liked to have seen him roll Carter to 1st line center, leave Malkin’s second line intact and put Rodrigues at 3rd line C.

Domingue has some glaring weaknesses (high glove side) but has he played well enough to get the team out of this round.

Hopefully, the Pens can pull off a miracle, but I’m guessing it’s on to the off-season and some difficult decisions (Malkin and Letang).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom