NHL and NHLPA agree to 56-game 2021 season. (1 Viewer)

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
... and as excited as I was for the talk of the puck dropping on Jan 1st (which was the original proposal), and see The King minding the Caps' net, this hits me in the gut:

With Holtby in Canada now, the Caps still have Ilya Samsonov, and while he has shown promise, he's very young (23).

On a side note, ama gonna treat myself to one of these bad boys:

retro.jpg

Man, that East Division is scary. I fear the Pens will have a difficult time making the playoffs, much less winning a divisional playoff series. Playing each of those opponents 10-11 times each during the regular season will be grueling.

EAST: Bos-Buf-NJ-NYI-NYR-Phi-Pgh-Was
CENTRAL: Car-CBJ-Dal-Det-Chi-Fla-Nas-TB
WEST: Ana-Ari-Col-LA-Min-SJ-STL-VGK
NORTH: Cgy-Edm-Mtl-Ott-Tor-Van-Wpg

Sorry to hear about Lundqvist. At least they caught it before something really bad happened.

Last edited:
Shorten season sounds exciting , especially after MLB season was pretty cool with a shorten season, cant wait GEAUX STARS

Sorry to hear about Lundqvist. At least they caught it before something really bad happened.

Yeah, it was a letdown to see Holtby go to the Canucks, but I got really excited with the prospect of Lundqvist coming in and maybe pulling a 2018 Fleury and go on a tear all the way to the Cup, and finally win one. But, hey, can't mess around with a heart condition.

So, the Capitals released their 2021 schedule. They start Jan 14th @ Buffalo. The realigned East division sounds like it is going to be delicious: Sabres, Bruins, Devils, Rangers, Islanders, Flyers, Penguins, and Caps.

This upcoming season will also see the advent of helmet ads. Mercifully, the company associated with the Caps is Capital One, which already owns the rights to the arena. While the other teams are going to have logos for corporations like Prudential and Bridgestone, the Caps will at least have something that says "Capital" in the name, and the logo is red, white and blue, like the Caps' uniforms.

capitalshelmet.png

So, Zdena Chara. Will it be easy to root for him or will it feel weird? I never really warmed up to Corey Perry with the Stars last year. Rivalries with specific players can be tough.

So, Zdena Chara. Will it be easy to root for him or will it feel weird? I never really warmed up to Corey Perry with the Stars last year. Rivalries with specific players can be tough.

I hate the Bruins, but you have to respect Chara's game and toughness, especially since he's our elder :hihi: On one side, that's a big body to put between the puck and the net. On the other, he's 73 years old. Like @Marty_Graw says, last year wasn't a good year for him.

He was the captain of the Bruins for some time, and he's a legend in Boston, but he's coming into a team that belongs to a much bigger legend. We'll see how that plays out. The deal isn't a blockbuster, so if problems arise, he can be shown the door without much issues.

It was nice to watch a little hockey last night. Unfortunately, it looks like the Stars employed the, "let's get this over early" strategy, as 17 players tested positive and 1st 3 games are postponed.

Aren't the Mavs also dealing with Covid issues? What's going on in the DFW?

Philly looked good last night and the Pens did not. Jarry looked really sluggish in net. I fear it's going to be a long season for Pittsburgh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom