NHL and NHLPA agree to 56-game 2021 season. (2 Viewers)

Mavs have 4 players out with Covid. But they got Porzingis back in limited minutes last night in Charlotte.

In an unexpected move, Jim Rutherford steps down as GM of the Penguins. While he is 71, he says it has nothing to do with health issues...should be interesting to see how this unfolds.

If Bill Laimbeer and Albert Haynesworth had a kid...
Starwars Obi Wan GIF - Starwars ObiWan NowThatsANameIveNotHeardInAlongTime  - Discover & Share GIFs

Tom Wilson gets fined $5k for punching a player in the head. Player was down on the ice at the time. No suspension for Wilson

Rangers send out a memo criticizing George Parros (Director of Player Safety and in charge of discipline) basically calling for him to be fired. Rangers get fined $250k

Pavel Buchnevich high sticks a Caps player in the rematch and gets a 1 game suspension (which will cost him ~$28k). I’ve not seen the high stick footage; if intentional, suspension is warranted. If careless with his stick, deserved penalties, but no suspension.

I love the NHL, but they continue to find ways to continually trip over their own skate laces...

Tom Wilson gets fined $5k for punching a player in the head. Player was down on the ice at the time. No suspension for Wilson

Rangers send out a memo criticizing George Parros (Director of Player Safety and in charge of discipline) basically calling for him to be fired. Rangers get fined $250k

Pavel Buchnevich high sticks a Caps player in the rematch and gets a 1 game suspension (which will cost him ~$28k). I’ve not seen the high stick footage; if intentional, suspension is warranted. If careless with his stick, deserved penalties, but no suspension.

I love the NHL, but they continue to find ways to continually trip over their own skate laces...
Buchnevich was intentional. Basically a cross-check across the face. Here's a vid. I still don't understand by Wilson didn't get suspended. It's not like this is a first time offense for him.

i mentioned this in the 'what are you watching' thread - but there's a swedish show on HBO called Beartown (bjornstadt) that's about a former NHL player coming back to his down on its luck town to help revitalize it's hockey team
i'm on ep 2 of 5 and it's pretty good so far

Well...
Pens got bounced by the Islanders in 6, so I’m now just a casual observer for the remainder of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

From what I’ve seen, Tampa has the speed to get to the Finals, the Islanders have the coaching but the Divealanche seem to be the most complete team. Haven’t watched enough of Vegas, Winnipeg or Toronto to put them in the mix. I’m also not sold on Carolina or Nashville at this point. Boston (ugh) is starting to put things together at the right time and could make a charge.

With the Stars not making it, I've been a casual fan since the start, watching many games. To me, the best teams look like Lightning, Islanders, Avalanche and Toronto. I'll be shocked if Tampa isn't playing for the Cup again. They are just too freaking good up and down the lines, and especially in net.

My Avs are looking good. I haven't watched a ton of hockey, but this team is the sharpest passing and fastest skating Avs team I've seen.

That hit was brutal. Two players going towards each other, larger guy with more momentum. His head hitting the ice looked painful. But, the hit looks clean from the angle in the middle Twitter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom