NHL Playoffs 2019 (1 Viewer)

Booing Bettman is hockey tradition

It'd be wrong not to boo the commish no matter who won

Yeah I was focusing on watching the crowd so much right there I missed what was actually going on on the ice - ha

Don’t worry the Blues got this.

OMG I am so GRATEFUL that you were right!!! ?

The fam says St Louis is absolutely going crazy, fireworks ? going off everywhere.

I was crying trying to text fam & friends, just praying for 20 more minutes, to win & bring the Stanley Cup to St Louis for the first time.

I am in total shock, I hate to admit I did not have the good faith that you had. I thought stupid Boston would destroy them.

WHAT A GAME!!! I kept thinking, I would not do Binnington’s job for 10 million dollars/week. He was a hero.

Thanks so much for the encouragement ????????!!!!!

I guess it's safe to say that Mike Yeo, the Blues old coach, will remain unemployed next year. If he's honest with himself, he wouldn't seek another HC position.

The fam says St Louis is absolutely going crazy, fireworks ? going off everywhere.

I was crying trying to text fam & friends, just praying for 20 more minutes, to win & bring the Stanley Cup to St Louis for the first time.

I am in total shock, I hate to admit I did not have the good faith that you had. I thought stupid Boston would destroy them.

WHAT A GAME!!! I kept thinking, I would not do Binnington’s job for 10 million dollars/week. He was a hero.

Congrats! That’s awesome.

Congrats!

A few thoughts:

First off, congratulations to the St. Louis Blues for winning their franchise's first Stanley Cup in its 51-year history as well as bringing some hope, optimism and pride to a city and its sports fans that have been beleaguered, dejected and ridiculed over the past couple of years since losing its second NFL franchise in nearly 31 years. Whether unfairly or not, St. Louis will be perceived as a failure as an NFL city and its reputation as a sports city may have been damaged somewhat despite the Blues winning the Stanley Cup.

Why does the NHL and its commissioner not follow similar protocols of NFL, NBA, and even MLB contemporaries and reward the winning road team the trophies in the opposing team's locker room? I saw more then a few Bruins fans flipping off the cameras while they were showing Bettman during his trophy celebrations speech all the while the entire remaining Bruins fanbase was booing Bettiman while he was on the ice. Boston is a big, hardcore, fanatical sports town with more then a few liquored-up, nasty fans who don't like to lose or be reminded that one of their teams lost in a big, deciding game in a championship series. Boston's sports history, for decades even before 2004 when the Red Sox won the World Series, has been defined by their teams (Celtics, Bruins, and Patriots) winning important or championship games. You very rarely see a Boston sports team, particularly over the past 2 decades, lose a AFCCG or a Game 6 or 7 in the ALCS, NBA or Stanley Cup Finals.

And lastly, it appears Boston will not complete the American sports trifecta of 3 different teams in their city winning a SB, World Series, NBA Finals, or Stanley Cup. Although at least the Bruins got close in taking the series to its ultimate limit. You have to respect their determination, grit, and passion in their attempts to achieve this rare sports distinction.

A serious musing set of observations amidst celebrations from the 21st Century Schizoid Man.

Congrats

Love reading this sort of joy

Hoping (with little actual faith) that Toronto will be able to experience the same at some point in the next few days.

A few thoughts:

First off, congratulations to the St. Louis Blues for winning their franchise's first Stanley Cup in its 51-year history as well as bringing some hope, optimism and pride to a city and its sports fans that have been beleaguered, dejected and ridiculed over the past couple of years since losing its second NFL franchise in nearly 31 years. Whether unfairly or not, St. Louis will be perceived as a failure as an NFL city and its reputation as a sports city may have been damaged somewhat despite the Blues winning the Stanley Cup.

Why does the NHL and its commissioner not follow similar protocols of NFL, NBA, and even MLB contemporaries and reward the winning road team the trophies in the opposing team's locker room? I saw more then a few Bruins fans flipping off the cameras while they were showing Bettman during his trophy celebrations speech all the while the entire remaining Bruins fanbase was booing Bettiman while he was on the ice. Boston is a big, hardcore, fanatical sports town with more then a few liquored-up, nasty fans who don't like to lose or be reminded that one of their teams lost in a big, deciding game in a championship series. Boston's sports history, for decades even before 2004 when the Red Sox won the World Series, has been defined by their teams (Celtics, Bruins, and Patriots) winning important or championship games. You very rarely see a Boston sports team, particularly over the past 2 decades, lose a AFCCG or a Game 6 or 7 in the ALCS, NBA or Stanley Cup Finals.

And lastly, it appears Boston will not complete the American sports trifecta of 3 different teams in their city winning a SB, World Series, NBA Finals, or Stanley Cup. Although at least the Bruins got close in taking the series to its ultimate limit. You have to respect their determination, grit, and passion in their attempts to achieve this rare sports distinction.

A serious musing set of observations amidst celebrations from the 21st Century Schizoid Man.

We actually already talked about that - the Bruins fans were booing Bettman because he’s the Commissioner and hockey fans boo him like football fans boo Goodell.

I think the Stanley Cup celebration is one of sports’ best - the teams do the shake hands line and the the champions each get that turn of skating with the Cup high in the air - you can’t do that in the locker room. I think most opposing stay to watch that because it’s really cool.

I’d hate to see them mess with any of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom