NHL Stanley Cup 2020 (1 Viewer)

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
I'm a casual fan. I use hockey and basketball to fill the time between baseball and football.

As a casual fan I only watch my local team, The Blackhawks. They're having a surprisingly nice opening game. Scheduling the Blackhawks before the Cubs play tonight was either a good idea or fortuitous. I'm in! Especially because all that I need to warch is an antenna.

I'm most interested in how the league, and individual teams handle the virus but I know that we have some hard core fans of the league here.

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
One of my favorite pastimes re:hockey is the Toronto delusion over the Maple Leafs when they are only going to lose, again, to the Bruins.

but yes, playoff hockey is fun.

I like the Caps.

one of our cousins up here married into a family whose son was a diehard Caps fan, and he had a terminal illness and passed a few months ago. But the franchise was so kind and gracious to him and the players were so generous.

it was so encouraging to see.

they made themselves some more fans in Leafs country with their kindness

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
One of my favorite pastimes re:hockey is the Toronto delusion over the Maple Leafs when they are only going to lose, again, to the Bruins.
... and death and taxes. They probably won't get that far this year, i do't see them going past the Blue Jackets.

Speaking of cheapshots, the Bruins play Philly today @ 3PM ET Should be a good one.

I like the Caps.
I knew there was some good in you :hihi:
Caps-Tampa Bay should be a good one on Monday

OP
Eeyore

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
... and death and taxes. They probably won't get that far this year, i do't see them going past the Blue Jackets.

Speaking of cheapshots, the Bruins play Philly today @ 3PM ET Should be a good one.

I knew there was some good in you :hihi:
Caps-Tampa Bay should be a good one on Monday
Carter Hart was awesome.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
NY Rangers swept by Carolina. Likely the end of an era for Henrik Lundqvist. In his defense, he played well enough to give the Rangers a chance in games 1 and 2 (didn't play game 3) but NYR needs a major rebuild/redesign.

Other series are very compelling. Aside from the Islanders v Panthers series (Panthers down 0-2) most others are 1-1 or 2-1 in the best of five format. Montreal is giving Pittsburgh fits. Chicago is giving Edmonton fits. And, the round-robin format with the top teams has been very entertaining.

Unfortunately, Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman, Jake Muzzin, had to be taken off the ice last night, via stretcher, after a seemingly routine hit. He did appear to have movement in all extremities and will hopefully have a successful recovery, but it's always a disconcerting sight to witness.

Looking forward to todays/tonights games.

Last edited:

FullMonte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman, Jake Muzzin, had to be taken off the ice last night, via stretcher, after a big hit. He did appear to have movement in all extremities and will hopefully have a successful recovery, but it's always a disconcerting sight to see.
I saw the replays of that, and it was an odd situation for sure. it was an awkward fall, but it didn't seem to be all that bad. He didn't seem to be in any kind of pain afterwards. I'm assuming they were thinking about a potential neck/spine injury.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
Panthers out.
Predators out.
Penguins out.
Oilers out.
Leafs pull off a nice comeback to force a deciding, game 5.
Wild trying to hold off the Canucks to force a game 5.

Only solace I can take in the Pens "sharting the sheets" is that they have now improved their odds for the Alexis Lafreniere sweepstakes. (1-in-8 chance I believe).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
insidejob Opinion Top 33 Quarterbacks for 2020 NFL Season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Swin Cash & Caron Butler on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - August 10, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
3 big questions to consider as Saints prepare for 2020 season and beyond Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 10, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Complex Kid The Ringer: Could 2020 Be the End of the Saints’ High-Wire Act? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-10-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 9, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Marcus Davenport's goal for 2020? Outplay Cameron Jordan SR News Page Articles 0
Poll: If You Were an NFL Player, Would You Opt-Out for 2020 Season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 43
ktmoze Projecting the Tight Ends to make the Saints 53-Man Roster in 2020 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 7, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Why Saints' Marcus Davenport will have a T.J. Watt-type edge rusher breakout season in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Inside Look: Saints Media Day 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans Pelicans Weekly Show - August 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 6: Sean Payton speaks on coaches opting out of the 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Top 2020 training camp battles for Saints: Backup quarterback, receiver and tight end all question marks SR News Page Articles 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Nicolò Melli media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Lonzo Ball media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-5-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus 2020 NFL Team Preview Series: New Orleans Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 4, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-4-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus 2020 NFL Preview: Saints are back but a lot depends on Drew Brees, on and off the field SR News Page Articles 0
Eric Hasseltine on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - August 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
NFL needs to create a bubble plan for 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-1-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - August 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Zion Williamson media availability - August 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Lonzo Ball media availability - August 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans hope to return to early-2020 form in critical game vs. Grizzlies Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 1, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees sidesteps whether 2020 will be his last season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Josh Hart media availability - July 31, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - July 31, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans David Griffin media availability - July 31, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Saints who must make an impact in 2020 for a Super Bowl win Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on July 31, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (7-31-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Oye NBA 2020 Season and Playoffs Everything Else Board 201
New Orleans Pelicans Weekly Show - July 30, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Podcast Round-Up, July 30th, 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 N/S Cowboys have canceled all of 2020 Season Tickets Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Andrus Sean Payton: Call it whatever, 2020 preseason isn't training camp SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus NFL Top 100 Players of 2020: Where did the Saints end up ranking? SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Top 25 Saints of 2020: No. 12, David Onyemata SR News Page Articles 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on July 30, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0