NHL Stanley Cup 2020 (1 Viewer)

Congrats Marty.

As I said before, Tampa was more skilled and better. A series reveals it.

I will say, Dallas put up a bigger fight that I thought they would, especially the first 2 games with how the offense performed vis a vis their previous series.

Figured I'd just tack this on to this thread, rather than start a new one.

NHL Free Agency period (somewhat condensed obviously) has been absolutely crazy. Multiple goalies switching teams, Championship team being picked apart, and a few veterans (thought to be "lifers" for their teams) changing uniforms.

This has to be the most active "off season" I've seen in quite some time.

Stars kept Khudobin. I was surprised he signed with Dallas but a lot of goalies were on the market.

Now that the postseason is over, we found out that Ben Bishop had knee surgery and wasnt ready. We also found out Tyler Seguin played most of the postseason with a torn labrum in his hip. Gonna be out 4 months post surgery.

Figured I'd just tack this on to this thread, rather than start a new one.

NHL Free Agency period (somewhat condensed obviously) has been absolutely crazy. Multiple goalies switching teams, Championship team being picked apart, and a few veterans (thought to be "lifers" for their teams) changing uniforms.

This has to be the most active "off season" I've seen in quite some time.

The Caps are playing with my emotions this offseason.

First they fire Reirden and I was like YAY!

Then they sign Laviolette aws HC and I am like "ok?!?", but what are the chances of one coach leading a 4th different team to the Stanley Cup finals?

Even though it was talked about all of last season, I still was sad to see Holtby going to the Canucks.

But then they sign Henrik freaking Lundqvist to a 1 year deal.
Now, this could go really well, and it wouldn't get to the disaster point, but it could go South if Lundqvist is not entirely motivated to play outside the big NY stage, and he's 38. It is a 1 year deal only, and the Caps still have Samsonov, who showed some promise last year, so it is not a make or break type of deal. But wouldn't it be awesome if The King gets a second wind?

Yeah, I find that Lundqvist move a bit of a "head scratcher" as well as Calgary throwing a 6-year offer at Markstrom and New Jersey signing Crawford. Markstrom still has some upside, but 6 years at $6m per seems overinflated. Jacob is big and still very athletic, but he is just missing something "upstairs". Dallas resigning Khudobin for 3 years also seems a bit of a reach, but I'm sure they can juggle some of the $10m if he struggles and they move on from him.

I am somewhat pleased that the Pens moved Murray. Yes, he won two cups, but he was crazy inconsistent and streaky; especially in the post-season. Not sure if Jarry is the answer, but we'll see. Also pleased to see that they moved on from Jack Johnson. He was practically useless during his time at Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, as I know there are only a few of us that follow hockey in general.
It is with teary eyes and a heavy heart that I post this. I never knew the man, but having parented and coached a junior hockey player (not at the D-1 level) this just stings.

May his family find peace at some point. He was a very courageous and remarkable man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom