NHL Stanley Cup 2020 (1 Viewer)

No. I have a lot of friends in Dallas. I'm not a fan of the city, but I won't hate on it for what it is. It's a booming, thriving metropolis bringing businesses and jobs to Texas. Company I worked for had a regional office in Lewisville and many of my former colleagues live(d) in the Dallas metro area (Coppell, Frisco, Carrollton, Arlington, etc).

It more stems from some issues with the DSTHL (Dallas Stars Travel Hockey League) and TAHA (Texas Amateur Hockey Assn). during my son's youth hockey days. The Stars organization was "indirectly involved" (or so they claimed) and I'll just leave it at that. I don't need to be airing that dirty laundry any further. Hockey "politics" will always be a part of things.

But, back to the NHL. Khudobin put in another amazing performance. Vegas had their moments, but just couldn't capitalize when they needed too. Despite my feelings about the Stars, I won't hesitate to say that they played the better game tonight. Lehner tried to keep Vegas in the game (second goal was an unfortunate deflection off an errant stick) but Dallas outworked and outplayed Vegas when they had to.

Last edited:
Guess I been sleeping to much had no idea this thread was going lol

Gotta say though think I love Hockey just as much as football.... I had just moved to dallas when the Stars arrived lol bought two tickets about 20 rows from glass and with all the hitting and fighting and the speed I was hooked lol..... Was also lucky enough to touch the cup when the Stars won back in 1999 Belfour hoisted the cup along the fence at the airport quite a few got to touch it was awesome...

Anyways with my blood pressure problems lol not sure I can take anymore OT games lol but their is nothing like it at all what a rush OT Playoff Hockey is.... GO STARS....

The Stars better buy Khudobin a Rolex or something... the man is on fire. Dallas had no offense. Won on a fluke goal.

I was thinking an all expenses paid trip to the destination of his choice. And a Rolex. The last I remember Stars post-season net-minding being this good was back in 99 when Eddie Belfour was in net. And he had to go save-for-save with Patrick Roy and Dominic Hasek.

Tampa defeated NYI to take a 3-1 series lead.
Stars will attempt to close out the Golden Knights tonight, which would put them into the Stanley Cup Finals.

Looking like a Dallas vs Tampa Final, but stranger things have happened.

Vegas managing to hold off Dallas so far (through 2 periods). Dallas has looked a bit sluggish, initially, but I sense they are starting to get their "shtuff" together.

Bouncing between the game and Gulf Coast weather reports, so my observations will be somewhat limited.

Stars knot it up 2-2. Game heading to overtime.

I'm sure that all 7 of us that participate in this thread are paying attention and don't need my updates. I just keep bumping it to keep it ahead of the NBA Playoffs, EPL and US Open Tennis threads.

Yeah, I'm that petty...

Stars punch their ticket to the Finals. They worked for it, they earned it.

We'll now wait and see what happens with the Lightning and the Islanders tomorrow night.

Lol, I saw LV go up 2-0 early in the 3rd, switched to football, and of course, Dallas comes back to win. Wow.

Stars punch their ticket to the Finals. They worked for it, they earned it.

It was a slightly better showing by the Stars' offense. May be a lot has to do with how Vegas defends, but the Stars needed chaos in front of the goal to score. I don't know that'd be enough against Tampa (most likely) or the Islanders (long shot)...

I had to watch the game on my phone while at my son's soccer match. It looked like the Stars employed the Rocky Balboa strategy used to defeat Clubber Lang. Let Vegas wear themselves out early, then come in for the attack and knock them out. Great feeling to see them playing for Lord Stanley's Cup.

Caps choose to reconstitute Peter Laviolette and hire him as their new head coach.

This will be the last time we discuss the Caps in a Stanley Cup thread for, at least, the next 3-4 years.

1-1 after two periods. Tampa had a potential 2nd goal disallowed (rightfully so) due to an offsides violation. Game going to Period 3 in a few minutes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom