NHL Stanley Cup 2020 (1 Viewer)

Stars got it done in convincing fashion. Credit to them.

I keep expecting Khudobin to "Khudobin", but he is clearly playing with a ton of confidence. The one goal he allowed (or was dinged for allowing) was a very fluky one.

Didn't get to follow the game flow as closely as I would have liked tonight (other aspects of life got in the way). I may watch the replay tomorrow to try further evaluate a few "questionable" strategies from Tampa (mainly their breakouts and entries).

Game 2 Monday night opposite the Saints v Raiders. Going to be a tough decision. "Prev Channel" button on the Tele remote is going to get a workout.

Again, congrats to the Stars. I have to tip my 37.85412 litre hat to them.

Last edited:
Monday night will be Stars for me primary, Saints during intermission.

The Stars went defensive heavy in the 3rd. Tampa had their chances but the Dallas d was solid as it’s been most of the playoffs. 3 more Ws to go.

Just took a look at nhl.com and see that it's between Dallas and Tampa. Let's go Tampa! If the Lightning doesn't win, I will be happy for Corey Perry (former Duck).

was looking at the TV schedule they have game 5 and game 6 back to back nights?? that cant be right just move it to Monday? Sunday Night Football and Nascar on NBC so the reasoning I think behind that?

It’s games 4 and 5 back to back. Not sure why they did that but it could be interesting for the Stars, especially at goalie. But maybe theyll sweep and make it moot. 😀

3-0 Tampa 1st period. This is how I thought the series was going to go. Let's see how the Stars react.

Penalties killed us tonight PP was too good tonight , Stars hung in there but couldnt get it to OT

Lightning win was the highlight of a disappointing night.

Agreed, Stars took a few undisciplined penalties and the Lightning capitalized on them in the first, scoring 2 of their 3 goals on the PP. Lightning did juggle their lineup tonight and add an extra forward in favor of a 7th defensemen. Seemed to help early on, but looked like a bit of fatigue was setting in on Tampa's D late in the game.

Could feel the momentum starting to shift about 5 or 6 minutes into the second. Stars had a little more jump in them and started moving the puck better. Came up a goal short, but they never gave up. Don't recall any significant injuries, but several players did head to the locker room after some massive hits. As always, won't be much of an injury report from the NHL.

Series knotted 1-1 and now moves to the virtual Dallas bubble on Wednesday. We'll see if the "home crowd" can help them get back on track.

Disappointing game. I guess the Stars don't like playing game 2 of series, because the past 2 rounds of Game 2 were similar. Still they had their chances and couldn't capitalize. Best of 5 now.

Wow. Talk about a momentum changer. Tampa on the ropes early, taking punches, and a bad pass puts the Stars down 0-1.

I‘m deflated watching the Stars play. My heart wants to say that they can still make it a series and that they need to get their crap together and play better. But my head is telling me Tampa is just better, which is what a multi game series should prove.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom