Nice article about my father... (1 Viewer)

Nice article, makes me homesick every time I read something about the musical tradition surrounding the Lafayette area. I stream KRVS as much as I can.

Glad I'm just down the road a bit and can still visit often.

Very nice Andrus!

You must be quite proud of your dad. :)

This is an impressive list,
"During his six decades of stage and studio work, Whitewing has played with Hank Thompson, Lefty Frizzell, Tex Ritter, Ray Price, Gene Autry, Charlie Pride, Loretta Lynn and many other country music notables."

The tribute sounds like it will be quite an event. Nice way to honor Mr. Pee Wee.

Very nice Andrus!

You must be quite proud of your dad. :)

This is an impressive list,
"During his six decades of stage and studio work, Whitewing has played with Hank Thompson, Lefty Frizzell, Tex Ritter, Ray Price, Gene Autry, Charlie Pride, Loretta Lynn and many other country music notables."

The tribute sounds like it will be quite an event. Nice way to honor Mr. Pee Wee.

Very much so.

I had a fun childhood getting to meet a lot of country music stars. I was more into Rock, but it still was a real kick. My favorite was meeting Crystal Gayle when I was about 18 who contracted my father to play a few gigs with her around Louisiana. What a beautiful young woman at the time. I flirted with her for hours, and she was really sweet. . Her husband was a goofy looking little dork. Too bad. It may have been a pipe-dream, but otherwise I thought that I would have had a real shot. :hihi:

You can stop laughing now. :montrer:

Very much so.

I had a fun childhood getting to meet a lot of country music stars. I was more into Rock, but it still was a real kick. My favorite was meeting Crystal Gayle when I was about 18 who contracted my father to play a few gigs with her around Louisiana. What a beautiful young woman at the time. I flirted with her for hours, and she was really sweet. . Her husband was a goofy looking little dork. Too bad. It may have been a pipe-dream, but otherwise I thought that I would have had a real shot. :hihi:

You can stop laughing now. :montrer:

:_rofl: :hahahaha:

that was a very nice article. you must really be proud!

img_Crystal_Gayle_photo.jpg

Woww!!! I read that article this morning in the paper, but never made the connection. Andrus, did the musical talent and love for playing pass on to anyone in the family???

Nice read. BTW Andrus, do you have any musical skills?

That's quite a life your dad has led, I'd be mighty proud, too.

I used to watch movies at the Rice Theatre as a kid, I wonder how it looks now with the renovations. Y'all must be passing a good time right about now.

That is really cool. I am trying to get my oldest son to do something musical....like guitar or drums.

Would that have been Crystal Gayle's tour in the early 80s? I saw her perfrom at Louisiana Tech then.

She walked out on the stage with her hair draped over one arm, then she said was glad she and her hair could be in Ruston, then she threw her arm up and shook her head so the hair would fall down her back. The crowd went nutz.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom