Nice article on Davenport (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

On pace for 96 pressures, those can create sacks for his teammates or force a QB mistake like an interception.

Last edited:
"Davenport is on pace to end the year with 96 pressures (4 sacks, 24 hits, 68 hurries). That’s almost unheard of, and demonstrates why sacks aren’t the be-all and end-all of judging pass rush production. The frequency of hurrying quarterbacks through their reads and moving them off their spot (creating opportunities for teammates to get a sack) is vital; in other words, disruption is production"

Last game I counted like 4 near sacks. The other game it was like 3. So far he has been very consistent. Even though the number may not show it I am more than happy with his performance. I take his performance now anytime over getting the number of sacks. A player can have a sack or two but doesn't mean he had an overall good game.

Last game I counted like 4 near sacks. The other game it was like 3. So far he has been very consistent. Even though the number may not show it I am more than happy with his performance. I take his performance now anytime over getting the number of sacks. A player can have a sack or two but doesn't mean he had an overall good game.

I run a really deep fantasy football league that counts hurries and Davenport was credited with 4.5 hurries against Dallas and 3.5 against Seattle.

We've played 4 playoff teams with 3 of those having very very good O lines. Weve been successful getting pressure with 4 and sometimes only 3 DLmen.
Davenport will feast along with the rest of the DL when we play the meat of our schedule. There are very few teams with OLs as strong as Dallas and the Rams.
Hello we put 6 sacks on Houston in week one. Davenport is going to feast playing statues like Ryan.

This young man has taken allot of flack from the fans. I was one of them. He showed up for camp this year out of shape and was a non factor in the preseason. I'm not going to say just yet he is worth the draft picks we gave for him but he seems to be on the right track. Good for him and good for the fan base.

The only criticism I have of Davenport is that he needs to control his balance. He is a tall freak of nature type of player but his lower body and legs needs to get stronger. I counted like 4 near sacks but there were other countless time where he could of had more but gets knocked off his balance even with the slightest push.

Davenport is playing really well so far. Rushing, pulling back, playing the run, pass. He's really getting there.

The only thing that bothers me is his pressure-awareness in space (or at least awareness where the QB is) and finishing (getting the sack).
He seems to be a bit confused at times, sometimes with his back to the QB, and can't really know where he's at.
Also, he was really close on 3-4 additional sacks, but just missed the QB, this is something he'll definitely have to improve.

The only criticism I have of Davenport is that he needs to control his balance. He is a tall freak of nature type of player but his lower body and legs needs to get stronger. I counted like 4 near sacks but there were other countless time where he could of had more but gets knocked off his balance even with the slightest push.

Some of that will be fixed as his technique improves in getting his pad level lower and the game continues to slow down for him.

I bet he serves up Winston for a couple of sacks to his teammates with his pressure.

and Jordan is licking his chops waiting for teams to start really accounting for him.

Related image

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom