Nice article to give some perspective on SMITH, VILMA and HARPER (1 Viewer)

There are many fans who support these three players based on sentimental value only. This article is just another way of saying that these guys are in no way, shape or form worth the money they're being paid.

I think Vilma is a great guy and was really wronged. He'll be a Saint for life but like the saying goes each and everyday in the NFL, "This is a business."

I wish these guys all the best but if we want to win a championship, they either need to be cut or have a dramatic paycut. Anyone who says otherwise is in no way objective about the value of players on the field to our team.

These guys all made millions during their time in the NFL. They can be successful on either other NFL teams or in another walk of life. I'm a Saints fan first and foremost and want the TEAM to win. With that said, they should go. No other way around it except for dramatically less money.

There are many fans who support these three players based on sentimental value only. This article is just another way of saying that these guys are in no way, shape or form worth the money they're being paid.

I think Vilma is a great guy and was really wronged. He'll be a Saint for life but like the saying goes each and everyday in the NFL, "This is a business."

I wish these guys all the best but if we want to win a championship, they either need to be cut or have a dramatic paycut. Anyone who says otherwise is in no way objective about the value of players on the field to our team.

These guys all made millions during their time in the NFL. They can be successful on either other NFL teams or in another walk of life. I'm a Saints fan first and foremost and want the TEAM to win. With that said, they should go. No other way around it except for dramatically less money.

That is exactly the problem. We as a franchise dont make tough decisions due to sentimental value. I mean look at the Giants. They make decisions based on what suits them the best to win a championship. They got rid of Manningham and Jacobs who played an important part in their SB winning team in 2011. Then this offseason they cut Chris Canty and Ahmad Bradshaw.

Those figures are staggering! Honestly, is there any way that any of those 3 are going to be willing to take that large of a pay cut? I doubt it. Saving nearly $20M in cap space has to be very enticing for Loomis I'm sure. Decisions, decisions... I would prefer for us to get younger and cheaper on the defensive side of the ball anyway.

That is exactly the problem. We as a franchise dont make tough decisions due to sentimental value. I mean look at the Giants. They make decisions based on what suits them the best to win a championship. They got rid of Manningham and Jacobs who played an important part in their SB winning team in 2011. Then this offseason they cut Chris Canty and Ahmad Bradshaw.

Did you not see when we let Fujita, Porter, Hargrove and Bush go? All guys that played a huge role in our SB win.

So, your observation is just plain wrong.

Those figures are staggering! Honestly, is there any way that any of those 3 are going to be willing to take that large of a pay cut? I doubt it. Saving nearly $20M in cap space has to be very enticing for Loomis I'm sure. Decisions, decisions... I would prefer for us to get younger and cheaper on the defensive side of the ball anyway.

I would imagine "that large of a pay cut" is what we're waiting on in terms of news regarding those. Whether they'll take it or not.

At least with Vilma and Smith. Harper is a different story.

But yes, that's why most people aren't that concerned with our cap situation. We can have cap space. One way or another.

Did you not see when we let Fujita, Porter, Hargrove and Bush go? All guys that played a huge role in our SB win.

So, your observation is just plain wrong.

Porter, Hargrove and Bush were there with the team in 2010 ...... Fujita was the only one ..... And he was not cut. He wasnt resigned .... There is a difference ....

Porter, Hargrove and Bush were there with the team in 2010 ...... Fujita was the only one ..... And he was not cut. He wasnt resigned .... There is a difference ....

You whine an awful lot about decisions that have not been made yet. Does it bother you at all to criticize the franchise for not cutting Smith/Vilma when it's not even time yet to cut them?

I have been a supporter of all 3 of these guys for a long time. But after reading that article, I'm ready to move on from all 3. We would be about $20 million under the cap by just releasing them. We could do a lot with that $20 million.

There's absolutely no reason to keep these guys.

Talent? Unity? Leadership?

I love it when fans know better than the coaching staff and front office....they will all likely be kept so obviously there's a reason....maybe you aren't thinking hard enough

No, there isn't. Just like the Giants, we let guys go if they are too expensive. Nicks and Shockey are other examples. The difference between us and the Giants is that we are better at predicting when that time will come so we can just not resign or trade and avoid the dead money that comes with releasing a player. Your observation just simply is not supported by the facts.

BTW, if you want a cut example, look no father than Dave Thomas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom