Nice articles on Hargrove (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I searched but didn't find these. I already like Hargrove but these articles gave me a lot of respect for him and for the kind of person it takes to survive this and to be able to take responsibility for his problems and to get himself back on his feet. :worthy:

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/808853.html

That Hargrove has been given yet another NFL chance is hardly an injustice considering his story. He came from one of the toughest, poorest, most drug- and crime-infested neighborhoods in Brooklyn. His mother contracted AIDS when he was young.
He lived on the streets of New York, bouncing from shelter to shelter, stealing for food and running from social workers. He was shuffled from foster home to foster home. He watched his mom, paralyzed from the waist down near the end, die in a hospital when he was 9.

From NOLA.COM (no link sorry - site is blocked at work. Pulled from FOX)

On Friday, he told The Times-Picayune that playing the Bills in Buffalo was "just another game" to him. Obviously, it meant much more, based on his prepared statement that ran in Sunday's editions of the Buffalo News. It read: "I want to apologize to the entire Buffalo Bills organization, from Ralph Wilson to Dick Jauron and to everyone else associated with the team, including the fans. They believed in me and gave me every opportunity to succeed. I was just not healthy enough at the time. It took me reaching the bottom for me to look up and ask God to start helping me through the mess I had made of my life. I am on a new journey, and part of that journey includes manning up to the truth. I am the one solely responsible for the issues that led to my suspensions. The truth is that I let people down along the way, and all I can do at this point is say that I am sorry. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Bills' organization and am thankful in my heart that they cared about me."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10136898/Saints-defense-gives-T.O.-reality-check

Last edited:
Good post. Some people have a lot more to overcome in life than others. I like Hargrove too, and wish him well.

I'm really impressed that he has been able to do what he has done. He has also had a pretty good season so far with 9 tackles (4/5) considering that he was out of football all last year

I just read that in the paper and was coming too post it before doing a search. I have tons of respect for Hargrove now. I can't describe how great that statement was, it needs to get more coverage.

Hargrove sounds like he gets it, and assuming his on-field level of play stays at a high level, I hope he gets a multi-year deal this offseason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom