Nice Coleman article (1 Viewer)

After all, somebody has to make up for the lost production from Colston and Watson. It might as well be Coleman.

It's like he's unaware of the Fleener signing or the Thomas drafting. In my opinion, Coleman will be at best the fifth option in the passing game, and probably sixth or seventh behind Ingram and Spiller. One thing that is not lacking on this team is bodies for Brees to throw the ball to.

All judgements of Coleman's ability aside, just objectively speaking, it looks to me like TLL has passed him up for snaps.

In the 3rd preseason game, TLL was playing (and making plays) with the starters while Coleman was getting work in the 4th quarter.

Something about Coleman: 6'6-225 is rail thin. If a 6 foot receiver were as thin, he would only weigh about 185. TLL would weigh about 140. When Coleman gets up to 235-240, and he surely will, he could play a lot differently.

I don't usually click sports blog stories, and just the few comments this has picked up suggests it feels like it was written during minicamp or something.

Bottom line, Coleman needs to go because he hasn't learned how to use his size as an advantage. Perhaps his weight has plateaued and he can't get any heavier. I do know this -- Saints nerds like myself remember Tyrone Young from the early 80s. He was also 6-6 and what little time he spent with the Saints (cut short by a knee injury, I believe) was far and away better than Coleman so far.

Something about Coleman: 6'6-225 is rail thin. If a 6 foot receiver were as thin, he would only weigh about 185. TLL would weigh about 140. When Coleman gets up to 235-240, and he surely will, he could play a lot differently.

No matter how big he gets, Coleman will still play like he's 5'9.

No matter how big he gets, Coleman will still play like he's 5'9.

That's the thing - if the main reasons why he's going to succeed are all his size, he's been that size since he came in the league. At some point, you have to make plays. I'm not writing him off, I'd love the see the light go on with him. But if it doesn't happen this season, it almost certainly isn't going to happen.

Saints fans get used to it. To quote the late great Denny Greene, Coleman is who we think he is. I'm not knocking the young man, but he's not the second coming of Colston. He'll make the occasional nice play, but he's probably reached his ceiling

I really don't think Coleman is 225 any more, looks more like 235 to me.

Tommy Lee will take Coleman's spot.

Coleman will join Arrington, toon and many other SR tales of WR lore.

Not sure I agree with it given what he has done so far though.

Coleman can be a 6'6 225-pound wrecking machine

I didn't get past the title. Coleman is a solid receiver and has shown some flashes but I've never seen him 'wreck' anyone. I just don't think he's that type of player, though I would LOVE to be proved wrong and just watch him run through people like Graham. Maybe if he bulked up? JG is 6'7" and 265. He may do more damage if he could bulk up to 245 or so?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom