Nice Comment by Mort on ESPN chat {merged} (1 Viewer)

sorry... did a quick search before posting, must have missed the first posting

Chris Mortensen: Wrapping up now...saw somebody complain that no Saints questions were answered, but I didn't see any....anyway, I like the Saints to win the division. Their offense is as good as any in the NFC and one of the best. Their defense would still concern me. Obviously, Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, Sean Payton coach of the year, Colston rookie of the year. Could be a banner finish.

Btw I definitely asked about 3 questions but he redeems himself by addressing most of them here.

I can't imagine they were any earth-shattering questions if they were answered in that statement.

I just don't get some of you guys -- you have this 'need' for national media types to confirm the patently obvious.

There will be some measure of bias in nearly all sportswriter editiorial.

Also, there are some (...not many, but some) who will never give the Saints credit (i.e.: call it lucky, won in an off year in the league, etc.), even if they advance to the NFC Championship game.

Let's enjoy what's happening, and laugh at a distance. :hihi:

Coach Payton and Drew are right... there is still a lot of football left to be played.

There lots of FOOTBALL left to played, lets not get ahead of ours selves.. One game at a time.

go the distance.

The guy only RECENTLY started picking us to win games in the ESPN "Expert Picks" section. In fact, he picked Atlanta this past week. Quick change of mind, if you ask me.

Last edited:
I can't speak for others but I personally asked him in the chat how he likes are chances to win the division now that we're up by a game with only 5 games left (one against Carolina in New Orleans.)

I don't think we need their approval but it is nice to get them to admit that they've underestimated the Saints all year. Along with more coverage, which I like, it's also great to see greater interest in the Saints.

Now I even get to see a Saints game here in New Jersey without having to goto a sports bar (with no audio) as a result of the Saints success. (Cowboys vs Saints.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom