nice read on a Packers blog about Terron Armstead (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Draft Profile: Should Packers consider LT Terron Armstead? - JSOnline

Armstead dominated at the East/West Shrine Game and then excelled again as a late injury replacement at the Senior Bowl. For a team that must consider all possible solutions on the offensive line, Armstead deserves a close look. Arkansas Pine-Bluff offensive line coach Damon Nivens played next to Willie Roaf with the New Orleans Saints. He says there are definite similarities between the two.

When Nivens first started working with Armstead, he told the raw, athletic tackle that he needed to play more like “an arrogant pr***” on the football field.

“Off the field you can return back to yourself,” he remembers saying. “But you have to realize you’re the baddest guy to ever lace up these shoes at this position. That’s how you have to attack it. He believed in that and took off with it. …He’s got that on-and-off switch. Off the field, he’s a well-respected kid. On the field, he hits that button and he turns into a guy who’s a real, real nasty football player.”

It'll all be mental. Physically, he's true NFL caliber. Maybe could stand to bulk up some, get stronger. But he's going to factor into the Saints future.

I'd LOVE to see a blocking drill between him and Akeim Hicks.

That's nice and all but when does a coach ever not big up their former player to the max. There was an article on here years ago talking about Colby Buckwoldt like he was the next Brian Urlacher

That's nice and all but when does a coach ever not big up their former player to the max. There was an article on here years ago talking about Colby Buckwoldt like he was the next Brian Urlacher

Two recent cases (this year) of college coaches "not big up their former players" would be Sam Montgomery and Robert Alford. I'm sure there are more but these two are recent cases.

Colby's coach probably didn't play next to Rickey Jackson either, just sayin...

i really think he starts from day 1

I think he competes from day one.

It'll all be mental. Physically, he's true NFL caliber. Maybe could stand to bulk up some, get stronger. But he's going to factor into the Saints future.

I'd LOVE to see a blocking drill between him and Akeim Hicks.

I wouldn't be surprised if starts at RT this year to get acclimated to the NFL and earn the trust of the coaches to protect Brees's blind side. Then next year he moves to LT. That's how Willie Roaf started off.

i really think he starts from day 1

Payton sure hasn't seemed to be afraid to start rookie offensive linemen. Evans and Nicks were both surprising starters from Day 1, and De La Puente came in off the street and took over as starter.

However, I think the job is Charles Brown's to lose. Loomis talks like he is counting on Brown to step up now. But if he gets hurt again or falters and Armstead gets in, Brown might never get another chance

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom