N/S Nick Bosa possible serious injury (1 Viewer)

I think this season may prove to the NFL suits that OTA’s and particularly Preseason matter more than originally thought. These players are dropping like flies because they haven’t done their typically Spring training/playing that their bodies are used to.

I’ve always felt that Preseason got a bad rap. No we see how vital it may be for the players.

Last thing: NFL rosters desperately need to be expanded to at least 60.

Around 14 players tear their ACLs during preseason games every year, tho

I think this season may prove to the NFL suits that OTA’s and particularly Preseason matter more than originally thought. These players are dropping like flies because they haven’t done their typically Spring training/playing that their bodies are used to.

I’ve always felt that Preseason got a bad rap. No we see how vital it may be for the players.

Last thing: NFL rosters desperately need to be expanded to at least 60.

This. A LOT of this.

No. None of that. If Bosa had torn his ACL during a preseason game, people would be saying “this why we need to get rid of the preseason.”

These injuries just happen in football.
What you say makes sense. If we think about this this is these guys preseason.

Having said that, I've said before I don't feel bad for other teams injuries. Screw the 49ers!

I am not sure where I fall on the issue of injuries being a factor of no or limited OTAs and Preseason. Football is an inherently dangerous sport. I seriously have no idea how ANY player survives a full game let alone a season without injuries. These are some of the biggest, fastest, and strongest men on the planet colliding into each other at high speeds and odd angles. Seriously, right now if I just allowed myself to fall on the floor, on my side without catching myself, I would be in PAIN for at least 2 weeks. LOL

This is no different than when my coworkers get hurt. Even the people who I don't like deserve better than to get hurt at work.

This is no different than when my coworkers get hurt. Even the people who I don't like deserve better than to get hurt at work.
I'm not condoning or praising these sentiments, but for 31 years, we had a very contentious, bitter almost maniacal hatred towards San Francisco 49ers, their owner, their players, their constantly always being on the beneficial end most times in controversial, bullshirt calls frankly in home-and-away games yearly. I think most of us as football fans at least respected Bill Walsh, Montana, Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Roger Craig, Dwight Clark, Ronnie Lott, John Brodie. And the Million Dollar backfield of 1940s and 50s. There is an enormous amount of things they achieved, pioneered, SBs won and honestly, I like how they dramatically almost poetically ended Tom Landry's-era Cowboys dynasty with the Catch. Very few historical NFL postseason games, SB or whatever, other than the 2001 Tuck Rule game can casual fans point to and say "That's where one dynasty ended and another one began". Maybe also 1974 Sea of Hands game between 2-time defending SB winners Dolphins vs. Oakland Raiders.

But it can be very difficult for some longtime or current Saints fans to not have introverted feelings of schaudenfruende even if they never admit it. It's a vindictive sensation that can be very tempting for a few fans and it's not just Saints fans, either. Niners have more then a few bitter, heated contested rivals that probaby despise them more then we do.

Last edited:
I knew the 49ers were going to have a serious super bowl hangover. It happens every year to the loser and that’s why I was pulling for them to make it to play the Chiefs. I would consider injuries part of it as well and they have been hit really hard.

Yesterday was full of injuries. I think this is why we need a preseason of some sorts. These players need to get in game shape as much as possible before being asked to play real games

I knew the 49ers were going to have a serious super bowl hangover. It happens every year to the loser and that’s why I was pulling for them to make it to play the Chiefs. I would consider injuries part of it as well and they have been hit really hard.

Yesterday was full of injuries. I think this is why we need a preseason of some sorts. These players need to get in game shape as much as possible before being asked to play real games

No amount of pre season games will get a player in game shape to prevent a torn ligament.

No amount of pre season games will get a player in game shape to prevent a torn ligament.

I’m talking about injuries this season in general not just Bosa. You can’t tell me we not seeing a ton more injuries than normal.

And you don’t know that for certain. A player could do something to cause that injury that he may not have if he were in better shape. I know I move differently when I’m in better shape

Last edited:
Jus saw on ESPN that Saquon Barkley has suffered an ACL n is out for the season.

MRI just confirmed that it's a torn ACL for Bosa.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom