Nick Easton (1 Viewer)

town123

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
First post... hopefully not the last.

Is Nick Easton hurt? I'm wondering why he was an inactive for the Rams game.

Was his signing a mistake? Help me!

it appears he was out-performed by Will Clapp. Probably Cameron Tom too, but Tom's on IR.

Yes, he's a possible bust.

Right now he's simply experienced depth. Expensive experienced depth, but it is what it is.

it appears he was out-performed by Will Clapp. Probably Cameron Tom too, but Tom's on IR.

Yes, he's a possible bust.

Right now he's simply experienced depth. Expensive experienced depth, but it is what it is.
Do you recall the contract 'Out' details? I thought we could possibly toss him aside after the 1st year of the contract?

Do you recall the contract 'Out' details? I thought we could possibly toss him aside after the 1st year of the contract?

He’s only a $2.5M hit this year. Next year is when he starts getting expensive at $5.5M.

We can cut him after this year and only be on the hook for his remaining signing bonus of $1.5M in dead money.

Thus far it sure seems like a bad decision, but as noted we are not in hock for multiple years if he does not work out. I am, however, disappointed that he is far down the depth chart apparently which does not bode well if Peat or another starter is out for any length of time!

He’s experienced depth, never hurts to have that. Strange that he was considered the Vikings best lineman before his injury, but can’t crack the game day roster here.

He’s still good depth. Not his fault that the Saints drafted a really good C in the 2nd round.
We tend to forget that we picked him up because of the quick retirement of Unger. No one was ever thrilled about him, but we needed another experienced lineman. Getting McCoy was a great surprise.

He’s experienced depth, never hurts to have that. Strange that he was considered the Vikings best lineman before his injury, but can’t crack the game day roster here.
I remember reading he was coming in as a center, but had had a neck injury and surgery...I was thinking..man, neck surgery? Seems like a bad risk to take....I mean, i feel for the guy and all, but we need guys who can contribute...He was a big hoss, and who knows, may show up on the field one day...I am just very leary taking players coming off bad injuries, the track record has not been great....well, there is Drew...who well, no explanation required...but for a center, I was thinking, he cannot protect that neck no matter what...its like a car wreck every play....and I know several people who have had neck surgery, and they never seem to be in good shape on the other side of it...everything goes through the neck..and the pain can be excruciating...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom