Nick Easton (1 Viewer)

Easton makes Peat expendable at LG but Peat should return as the swing tackle (sixth OL) from here on out. After this season Peat walks...

Has Nick Easton's play made Andrus Peat expendable?

Crossed my mind a few times too! Good question. Doesn’t hurt negotiations (w/Peat’s agent) having a competent backup. So far very pleased with Nick Easton’s performances.

Peat is a FA after this season and he'll probably be looking for a big payday.

If we have an equal/better OG in Easton, I just don't see how we keep Peat

I'm pretty sure it was Easton I saw very early on the field working with a coach on pass blocking techniques and drills. Just a handful of players warming up as he was putting in extra work. (y)

My only real problem with Peat is his pay grade at $10 million.

Of all the holes on our team at WR/LB. That money feels wasted.

Agree that the $ to keep Peat would be better spend somewhere else. But I don't think WR/LB are so lacking. I say let's go after Tre Boston

The Oline kept Drew clean yesterday against one of the best Dlines in the NFL.
My question is:
Has Nick Easton's play made Andrus Peat expendable?

No. Andrus Peat is a solid if unspectacular lineman. He has a track record much longer than Eastons. Just the fact that we have had so many Oline injuries shows that you need all you can get.

No. Andrus Peat is a solid if unspectacular lineman. He has a track record much longer than Eastons. Just the fact that we have had so many Oline injuries shows that you need all you can get.
But we won't sign Peat.

Easton makes Peat expendable at LG but Peat should return as the swing tackle (sixth OL) from here on out. After this season Peat walks...

When you put it like that, it actually makes Peat very valuable because he can play both guard AND tackle, and do it reasonably well. I just don't know if that versatility is worth $10 million, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom