Nick Fairley (1 Viewer)

Is Rankins available to return this year or is he on season ending IR.

Available to return. Just watched a vid from a SP conference and it confirmed what I saw in the Pre-season.

Sometimes with Rookies especially when they miss this kind of time you don't know what you are getting. However there were flashes that Rankins would be a premier player. Deke had already noticed that Rankins was emerging as a Leader on D as a rookie and there were some plays in the pre-season that made you say...OK...i think we have something. (The Chase down of the screen play, and what would have been a sack on a move to beat a G)

Payton basically said we are excited to get him back and we know what we are getting as a player and we can't wait to get him healthy and he's on schedule.

He's going to contribute when he returns.

Nick Fairley is a force. Imagine if we had a healthy Rankins next to him. With a healthy Anthony and Breaux. We might actually play some defense if the refs let us.

Maybe being close to home and that new baby girl has helped mature him. I kniw I can't wait to see him and Rankins terrorizing the middle of offensive lines.

16 Tackles. , 3 Sacks from an interior D Lineman ...

On track for 12 Sacks and 64 Tackles.

We can't let this guy walk next year ...

Aaron Donald regarded as the premier DT in the league trails him in both sacks and tackles !!!

Fairely's going to be expensive to resign if he keeps playing like this, but if he keeps playing like this then he's worth it!

Locking guys up after a few games is what's gotten us into this mess, Loomis!

Not if you take into consideration his play last year in St. Louis as well. He's been on an upward trend every game since signing there. Just so happens to be on two different teams.

Speaking of guys on these short contracts, Evans has been playing lights out so far this season. Do you think we keep him next season or draft another guard?

Honestly the way Peat has been playing Left Guard I'd rather draft a right tackle and guard, but if nothing else a right tackle. I would leave Peat at left guard and allow him to swing to left tackle if armstead had an injury.

I think we sign him to a few more years if he keeps up this play. Now granted he's playing hard for that reason, obviously, but you hope that play continues into the future.

Either way I still think we need more help on the D-line. Kikaha may never come back fully healthy, and we need a dominant end opposite Cam Jordan.

Nick is really putting in work. Looked good in training camp/pre season & it's carried over into the regular season.

He was getting in on San Diego most of the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom