Nick Fairley (1 Viewer)

jtampasaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
After Yesterday days outcome, Can we all agree it's time to lock Nick Fairley up for 2 or 3 years.

Doesn't his contract automatically void after this season though? I'm not sure why they did the contract like that, anyone know?

Doesn't his contract automatically void after this season though? I'm not sure why they did the contract like that, anyone know?

To be able to sign him under the cap. We had to defer some of the cap hit until next season even though it was essentially a one year deal.

Honestly, a 1 year deal was probably a good idea at the time. He had been slightly under-performing before, but I think he fits in great. I love our defensive tackles...never thought i would utter those words.

Catch 22. He plays hungry when motivated. If you pay him or extend a multi year contract, he could slip like he did prior. If you don't, someone else will.

His play this year has been spot on. Very disruptive from the inside. He really is a joy to watch.

That being said, I think you have to let him walk...

Lock him up.

Wait, that didn't sound right.

Sign that man to a long term contract.

Catch 22. He plays hungry when motivated. If you pay him or extend a multi year contract, he could slip like he did prior. If you don't, someone else will.

His play this year has been spot on. Very disruptive from the inside. He really is a joy to watch.

I don't. I think you use some of that money you would have given jenkins and resign him because the DT unit is young and cheap at the moment. Davison, Rankins, Onyemata are all on rookie deals. Fairley is 29 and won't break the bank on a new deal. His contract voids after a certain date...so we can work on an extension up to that point and keep him locked up. I doubt he can ask for ridiculous money but IT wouldn't hurt to give him a front loaded contract that takes into account this years production (we got him for cheap)

Reward the man....

Yes sign him he is still relatively young and him and Rankins will play off one and other

I disagree with the last sentence, you have to keep him here. we have needed a d tackle like him for a long time. We need to find a way to sign him to a good contract with incentives. We have to be smart about the contract and if Fairley doesn't want to play here for what we offer then let him walk. Just don't let him go without trying everything we can to keep him here. It is hard because of his past history.

Why can't you give him a monster, incentive laden contract?

If you reach all of the lofty goals set for you, you can have all the $$$ you want.

You sign him if the price and contract stipulations are right. No more Bird deals, please.

He's certainly played well enough to earn a new contract. Guy's been impressive. He was on fire yesterday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom