Nick fairly expected to test FA (1 Viewer)

He would be silly not to test free agency.

If we give him a fair offer, why would he need to test the market? We took a chance on him when nobody else wanted him, he had his best season in our system, and he is close to home. What more could he want?

This screams money grab, and with his history, I don't want him if he just wants the money.

If we give him a fair offer, why would he need to test the market? We took a chance on him when nobody else wanted him, he had his best season in our system, and he is close to home. What more could he want?

This screams money grab, and with his history, I don't want him if he just wants the money.

Because it's what any other player would do?

Unless we offer him top money right away, he's going to test FA to set his market price. Vacarro will no doubt test FA as well.

Twisting it into some personal slight is dumb.

How quickly fans forget that players aren't fans and hold them up to unfair expectations of signing a below market deal. If I can make a better wage somewhere else to better support my family, I'm going to at least consider it.

In before 'hometown discount' starts getting thrown around as if it's an actual thing.

Of course he will test free agency. Mostly, with some exceptions, these guys are hired assassins that take their craft to the highest bidder. They bleed whatever team colors are the best fit for them/their family at that time. As it should be based on the fact this is their job and it's a business.

This is silly. His only allegiance needs to be to himself and to his family. He has a right to maximize his earnings just like anyone else. These guys are all private contractors and the NFL is a money-making venture first and foremost, for owners and for players.

If we want to keep him, we will need to pony-up based on what his market value is. He is in a unique spot, in that it will be hard to determine his value prior to free agency due to his history. No team seems to trust him enough to give him more than a one year deal lately and this may be his best and only chance to get a long term contract.

He should test the market.

Never know..He might get an osweiller DT type deal from somebody desperate you never know. It's always wise to test the market.....even if you work a regular 9-5 job....ALWAYS test to see what's available out there no matter how comfortable you think you are at your present gig

Idk guys I think this isn't a good thing. Certainly doesn't throw a red flag but it is far from good. This is one of the best players on our team. We generally have an extension worked out for our best players. Just look at Brees, Jordan, Ingram, Armstead, Unger and Strief. I imagine he will be priced out of our range. He's a former first rounder who is still young and finally showed his worth. Someone will pay that man.

I would test FA too!
These guys have a small window of opportunity they need to take advantage of.
The Saints can make an offer!

Loomis may have told Fairley we will give him 5 million a year, which sounds reasonable and a fair deal.

Fairley looks around the league and sees 3G (who he's already played for) in Cleveland,switching to a 4-3 (will need DT), with a boatload of cash to spend, and figures he could probably get 8-9 million out of them.

Wouldn't you at least test it and see?

It's well within his right to test the market. He had a good year, but he's not an all pro. We had become so used to our dt not getting penetration or sacks that when we finally get someone competent, it is shocking. I would love him to stay, but he can walk if his market value becomes more than his actual worth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom