Nick fairly expected to test FA (1 Viewer)

This makes sense. He went from being a player teams were afraid to sign into a proven commodity for us. We gave him a one year deal and this was certainly a possibility. I hope he comes back for a fair deal for both parties because he is a great piece here and had his best year as a pro in this system.

expected, but we will sign him, most will be afraid of his one year wonder, his age and what scheme that enabled it, but we know what we have, get R done.

I personally don't want to gamble on him. I just don't see him as being a top DT, sure on our defense he looks good but that's not saying much. I just see him as being to inconsistent throughout his career.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

the article stated that he was the 34th ranked DT so you are right. but sometimes you need folks that are good for your team while not being spectacular.

Yeah people we get it to better himself and his family. I dont know how he survives on that little salary he makes now. SMH

Shut up dude. You know nothing about my situation and we all know Nick is making way more money than any of us on this site. Dumb comment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I fully expect every player to maximize any earnings they can. That's just doing what's best for yourself. Even though he has played himself into a substantial contract I think he's gonna go in coast mode with contract security. I think he will only play hard in spurts. Nutrition and football shape will not A be a priority. Securing him in any longevity is a big gamble. If It was my call I wouldn't do it for the simple fact there is a lot more film of lazy snaps on him then productive snaps throughout his career. Too risky. Math in my head suggest more likely to end up with a over weight 3 tech DT that only gonna give a portion of what he got

Shut up dude. You know nothing about my situation and we all know Nick is making way more money than any of us on this site. Dumb comment.

The GDP per capita of Malawi is $226.50 . You are amazingly proud of your ignorance ...

Really??? Lol wow you are comparing people with practically nothing to millionaires. Stop it!!

Shut up dude. You know nothing about my situation

No, his was an excellent comment which should've provided you with some context. Sadly you didn't understand it. You don't know ANYTHING about Fairley's 'situation' and you're letting your fandom spill into hypocrisy.

Which is cool, we all have black & gold glasses on from time to time but don't be surprised when someone with more perspective corrects you.

I actually think Fairley will value his time here beyond purely a monetary value. The guy has flirted with the bust label at times during his career and must have been frustrated at the perception that he doesn't play up to his talent. I think if we're close in terms of guaranteed money when all is said and done, we'll have a good chance on keeping him. But nobody can blame him for finding out his value and anyone who does isn't thinking much.

Hope this is a negotiation move by his agent to gauge his market value in case the Saints try to resign him. Thought he liked being in New Orleans too

Have to say I was surprised by his play here last season

If we give him a fair offer, why would he need to test the market? We took a chance on him when nobody else wanted him, he had his best season in our system, and he is close to home. What more could he want?

This screams money grab, and with his history, I don't want him if he just wants the money.

I think it is a way to test his value. Then we are able to offer him a fair contract

Fair Contract but don't over pay..you don't have to because you hit on Onyemata & Rankins Would still like him back

I wish him the best.....I was hoping the Saints wouldn't just open the checkbook to resign him. We've been burned too many times taking that path.

I would fairly expect Fairley to test FA.

After the year he had here, he's due a better payday than the trial year contract he signed last year.

Oh, and Fairley.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom