Nick fairly expected to test FA (1 Viewer)

Everyone's going to stick to short term deals for Fairley... you have to keep him motivated. It's well known.

Really??? Lol wow you are comparing people with practically nothing to millionaires. Stop it!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
You sure are slow , but here goes ... The average Malawi views you with the same disdain you are displaying here for Fairley . Perspective : get some .

Yeah people we get it to better himself and his family. I dont know how he survives on that little salary he makes now. SMH

jump.gif

Yeah people we get it to better himself and his family. I dont know how he survives on that little salary he makes now. SMH

Ah yes, it's that time of year where the average Joe projects their lives onto the lives of others.

It's very easy to pass judgment when you're not in someone else's shoes. This is likely this guy's last opportunity to cash in on all the hard work he has put in for his entire life. He deserves the chance to maximize his earnings and set himself and his children and their children up for life.

This dude was disruptive this year. Hes huge and made his presence felt a lot, hes very quick. Id love to have this guy back. Cant blame him for seeing whats out there, he deserves it. Now we have to mass tweet him to stay haha.

Ah yes, it's that time of year where the average Joe projects their lives onto the lives of others.

It's very easy to pass judgment when you're not in someone else's shoes. This is likely this guy's last opportunity to cash in on all the hard work he has put in for his entire life. He deserves the chance to maximize his earnings and set himself and his children and their children up for life.

In all fairness, he's made at the very least $18m at the age of 29. People would be up in arms if Benson moved the team to maximise his worth for future generations of family. And like I get what you're saying about this being his last chance to cash in but does he really deserve it after putting in minimal work for 5 out of the 6 years he's been in the league. Especially when there are players all around him who work much harder but aren't fortunate enough to have his talent.

Like, he's going to get a good contract no matter what. Even if he was to only take half of his market value it would still be a huge amount of money. Enough for his kids and their kids and my kids too. I remember when everyone complained about Charles Grant needing to feed his kids. How quickly pack mentality changes things.

This dude was disruptive this year. Hes huge and made his presence felt a lot, hes very quick. Id love to have this guy back. Cant blame him for seeing whats out there, he deserves it. Now we have to mass tweet him to stay haha.

Yes he's gonna see some nice dollar signs from a few teams with much more money to throw at him than us. I'd say his chance of retuning is no greater than 50-50. Fans might have been assuming that he will be an easy resign, and then we go off with plenty of extra money to sign several more free agents. Truth be told, Nick Fairly might be our only "big" free agent signing.

Its just speculation on Hiolders part.
Here's his comment. It did not even come from Fairly's agent, which was my 1st guess.

Yes, this. Maybe Holder heard something else, but he's essentially assuming Fairly would test the market, since it's likely his last chance. IT's an educated guess, but I wouldn't call it a report.

As for Nick Fairley, the Saints defensive tackle will test the market.

I'd be absolutely stunned if he signed with New Orleans without hearing from many other teams. This will be his last big contract of his career. I don't blame Fairley for a second for trying to make top dollar. I can't see the Saints going into an inflated bidding war with other teams, though.

This means the Saints could have a hole at defensive tackle especially after Fairley played his best football in 2016.

Let's say Fairley gets a big contract elsewhere. We obviously have Rankins and he's a monster. Do you think its likely we do something like draft Lotouilei (sp?) out of Utah? Star turned out to be solid, and his brother is supposed to be more athletic...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Loomis may have told Fairley we will give him 5 million a year, which sounds reasonable and a fair deal.

Fairley looks around the league and sees 3G (who he's already played for) in Cleveland,switching to a 4-3 (will need DT), with a boatload of cash to spend, and figures he could probably get 8-9 million out of them.

Wouldn't you at least test it and see?
That's a good point. I'm sure GW would love to stick it to Payton and get his guy at the same time.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Having said that, I really hope we keep him in the Black & Gold (for the right price).

This never happens ... someone always overpays. Every time. I consider Fairley off the team already.

Fairley wants to stay, and we'll likely retain him. However, we need to see his market value first so allowing him to test the market is ideal for him and us, especially at his age. You'd want to make more of a push to sign him if he was younger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom