Nick Mullens has been the best rookie QB this season (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Dumb question time: Had Mahomes not played in the season finale last season, would he be considered a rookie this year? In otherwords, could a guy sit behind a starter for a year, not take a snap, then start the next season and be considered a rookie?

Dumb question time: Had Mahomes not played in the season finale last season, would he be considered a rookie this year? In otherwords, could a guy sit behind a starter for a year, not take a snap, then start the next season and be considered a rookie?

Probably yes.

Ben Simmons won ROTY last year in the NBA, despite being drafted in 2016 and sitting his rookie season with an injury.

Probably yes.

Ben Simmons won ROTY last year in the NBA, despite being drafted in 2016 and sitting his rookie season with an injury.

Nope. It's not NBA rules (which I think are beyond silly in this instance). A rookie is a rookie.

I was at the game this past Sunday (Seahawks @ 49'ers). It was light to moderate rain off & on during the game. Mullens played like a seasoned veteran with checkdowns, audibles, reads and making the throws. Niners won it in OT.

From what I saw, he was money!

:gosaints:

Probably yes.

Absolutely not in the NFL. The fortywhiners tried this with a rb years ago who was hurt in TC. The NFL said he was paid last season; he’s no longer a rookie.
That might fly in the nba but not nfl.

They will trade Mullens and get whatever they can for him.

Jimmy has too much guaranteed money.

Probably yes.

What?

No.

Otherwise Aaron Brooks would have been a "rookie" in 2000 for us.

Mullin is fool's gold on a very bad team.

Correct
What?

No.

Otherwise Aaron Brooks would have been a "rookie" in 2000 for us.
Correct, no way the NFL would have ever considered Mahomes a rookie this year.

I found it silly that Simmons won that award. The dude in Denver deserved it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom