Nick Saban on Drew Brees when he was in Miami (1 Viewer)

Here's something to ponder. If Saban had gotten Brees at Miami and had a successful career at Miami because of Brees, he might not have landed at Alabama. Oh, the what ifs.

pantsonfire.gif

Lol, Saban can’t hack it if he doesn’t have the upper hand on his competition. I’ll give him credit that he has created quite the empire in Alabama. They have every T crossed and every I dotted whether it’s illegal or not. And yes, every program cheats in college. Some just have the better system and resources. And Alabama has the greatest combination of both.
I guess we'll find out soon enough. With college athletes set to make money via social media, Saban's 'Nictator' routine might change the dynamic for players. There's a very real chance he'll no longer be able to recruit when he needs to be a motivator instead.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. With college athletes set to make money via social media, Saban's 'Nictator' routine might change the dynamic for players. There's a very real chance he'll no longer be able to recruit when he needs to be a motivator instead.
Money from NIL will trump all. Did you hear Nick’s “recruiting” pitch talking about how much Young is making already, without even taking a snap? He emphasized their “brand” alone will bring in the money, which it will. They will continue to make sure that they get the best of the best at any cost imaginable. Kids won’t care about how much of a narcissist he is. They didn’t care before and now that the money will be flowing in mostly legally, they dang sure won’t care now.

Here's something to ponder. If Saban had gotten Brees at Miami and had a successful career at Miami because of Brees, he might not have landed at Alabama. Oh, the what ifs.
I've always said that one decision changed the landscape of LA, NCAA, and NFL football forever

Not buying it, Nick. And what a slam to Culpepper who was a pretty darn good QB in his own right. He should have been able to win with Culpepper, but didn't/couldn't.
Culpeper was done after the knee injury.

Had they taken Brees he would have won multiple Super Bowls.

The bottom line is he couldn't make it in the NFL. Being a control freak and big ego from a HC would not be tolerated in the NFL. He controls young men. Once they are grown up that doesn't play well with adults.

Quit making excuses Nickie and admit failure with adults. You only control children.

The Saints would be the L.A. team.
Sometimes I think it’s underestimated how important that next season in 06 after Katrina being so successful was in keeping the team in NOLA.

Worked out for all parties IMO. Drew went on to a Hof career and SB win, Saban went back to college football and became one of the greatest college coaches of all time.

Agreed, if he wanted Brees he had the power to make it happen!

This is, and always will be the truth!!!

Has there been any aspect of Sabans career at any stop along the way that has involved anything less than total control over all aspects of the program?

He is arguably the greatest college coach in history. But in his heart he laments that he failed miserably as an NFL head coach. So he has always pushed the narrative that his greatest failure (Culpepper over Brees) was on someone else’s shoulders because he knows his coaching style of “scary, aggressive control freak” works on kids but not on grown men.

He bolted the NFL because he knew he couldn’t “do his thing” and be a success but he lies and tries to make it seem like the doctors set him up to fail.

Lame.

Saban can dominate college football b/c of his recruiting advantage. In the NFL, though, he was just an average coach b/c he couldn't stock stop players the way he can in college. Take all the good players away, and you have a disciplinarian who knows how to coach defense, but who cannot motivate more mature players and whose ego can't deal with those guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom