Nick Toon primed for breakout year with New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

Nice how you have all these opinions on someone you haven't seen anything from. And do you really think he didn't bother learning the playbook while he was hurt last year? Good stuff.

Nice how you have all these opinions on someone you haven't seen anything from. And do you really think he didn't bother learning the playbook while he was hurt last year? Good stuff.

Reading plays in a book and learning how to execute a play in game situations are two totally different things.

Wow... I didn't know he had chronic issue with his feet??

That wasn't a very flattering article.. They say he dropped a lot of balls in big situations???

He hasn't played a down in the NFL and was a 4th round pick and all of y'all are labeling him as a "stud" and overhyping him. Im not big on him until he shows that he can actually do something in the NFL. Just like y'all keep overhyping Arrington who could never get on the field or on the active roster

Wow, did you watch Wisconsin games? Their run first offense and QB held him back more than anything. Wilson wasn't the caliber of QB at Wisconsin that he is now.

Did you watch Wisconsin games?

Wilson finished the 2011 season the #1 rated passer in all of Division 1. He also had the 28th most passing yards out of a couple hundred qualifying QBs with 3175 passing yards. In 2010 Russell had the 12th most passing yards with nearly 3600. Maybe 10 teams had more passing yards in the entire NCAA in Toon's Junior and Senior seasons.

I quite frankly expect more out of Joe Morgan next season than i do with Toon. If Toon develops as well as he could that would be huge because we would be set at wideout for a while in that case. Just not sure if it happens

Personally, I totally forgot about the guy. It would be nice if he turns out to be a productive receiver but I'm not too hopeful. 4th round draft pick, foot issues and injury problems, dropping the ball in key situations...he might make the practice squad if that. It may have been a wasted pick...who else was available when we grabbed him in the 4th round?

I'm very cautiously optimistic. After what seemed like 10 years of waiting for AA to develop into a playmaker and never getting any results, I'm not really going to hold my breath on this one.

I never liked the selection. I see him having trouble with separation at this level. Slow off the snap. He does break in and out of his breaks in his routes adequately. Body catches alot. I decent jam on a press,will knock him off his timing routes. If he makes a NFL roster, will always be a 4 or a 5 imo. Hope i am wrong. I think we need to infuse some young talent in our WR corpse.

I'm hoping for toon to have a decent role in our O but i'm not really holding my breath. Touching wood with fingers crossed anyway

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom