Nick Toon primed for breakout year with New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Nick-Toon.jpg

When the New Orleans Saints selected him in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft, wide receiver Nick Toon was expected to do big things down in the Bayou during his rookie campaign. That never happened, though, as the Wisconsin alumnus spent the entire 2012 year on the IR list with a foot injury.
With a redshirt year behind him, Toon will look towards the 2013 season with redemption in mind.

Nick Toon: Breakout year on the horizon for New Orleans Saints WR

I sure hope that is the case. It would be nice for Drew to develop a relationship of trust with him that he now has with Colston and Moore.

If he can remain healthy, I think he'll do some great things in time. I don't however think "breakout year" applies because this implies he's actually made it to the field and under performed. If he's still healthy for the opening of the season, I'll be very excited to see what he brings.

I could see Toon as having Larry Fitzgerald potential.

nick toon has more steve breaston and mario manningham potential than larry fitzgerald.......but the dude can and hopefully will grow into a stud

he has all the tools...in college, he bailed russell wilson out more than he shouldve had to and look at the star russell wilson became in his rookie season

nick toon can be a better pro than his college QB counterpart

What sucks is he had foot issues in college and started his NFL career on IR with a foot injury. Hopefully he can stay healthy for us!

First he needs to stay healthy, second he needs to make the team. Then he can work on moving up the depth chart and getting snaps. Then he can worry about the breakout season.

I don't have high expectations, hope I am wrong. It's not like he had a bad QB in college, Russel Wilson made him better.

The Saints haven't had a lot of luck with injured players. :jpshakehead:
I'd love to see one pan out.:gosaints:

I don't have high expectations, hope I am wrong. It's not like he had a bad QB in college, Russel Wilson made him better.

If Russell Wilson made him better then what will Drew Brees make him?

Would love to see the guy get an honest shot at playing time. Coach Payton loves him and his potential so that's a good sign at least.

I love SR. Every off season we expect Herculian fears from guys we barely know. I'm guilty too. I just wish Toon stays healthy

Wow, did you watch Wisconsin games? Their run first offense and QB held him back more than anything. Wilson wasn't the caliber of QB at Wisconsin that he is now.

Wow, did you watch Wisconsin games? Their run first offense and QB held him back more than anything. Wilson wasn't the caliber of QB at Wisconsin that he is now.

wilson had skills.....gotta give him some props. he and taylor martinez ran over the big 10 that year

but im with you.....in regards to wisconsins passing attack during those seasons, the big 10 was far more afraid of nick toon than they were of russell wilson

Nick Toon is not going to have a breakout season. 1st off the kid practiced how many times in trainging camp last year? He only played in one preseason game. He has never played in game action or practiced that much with Drew. He is basically a rookie and will have to fight hard just to make the roster. Its not easy for rookies wr to come in here and put up big numbers. He has to learn the playbook, build a rapport with Drew, then climb a depth chart that is pretty hard to climb just ask meach and AA. Meach got most of his snaps because he was the best blocking wr we had. I don't think at this point toon is anything close to the blocker meach was to even earn playingtime in that role. I like toon but i dont expect much from him until a year or two from now... The only rookie receiver we had in the SP era to do anything was Colston and he was in a great situation to do so. The saints were starved for talent and didnt have anyone better besides Horn. And everyone was starting on an even playing field because the system was new to everyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom