Nick Underhill analysis: Saints' sluggish start on offense puts team in a bad spot early in loss to Lions (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story - New Orleans Advocate

Sean Payton almost felt like his team was coming off a short week. Then he felt like he was back in last season.

The way the Saints came out flat, without energy and were unable to move the ball early on, reminded the coach of last year’s game against the Detroit Lions when New Orleans fell behind by four scores in the third quarter. The margin was never quite that big Sunday, but it felt just as far away most of the afternoon, as New Orleans fell 28-13.

“It starts with me. We’ve got to be better,” Payton said. “I just felt like today, one thing we preached all week was that we couldn’t play the same game we played a year ago, and I just felt like we ended up just playing that same game where we are one-dimensional late in the game.”

Not everyone agreed with that assessment. Not the part about the offense failing to perform during the first half. The part about the sluggishness. Some think the energy level was fine. But when you play as poorly as New Orleans did during the first half, it’s going to look like something put together on a short week.

BY NICK UNDERHILL

Full Story - New Orleans Advocate

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom