Nick Underhill: Payton won't confirm Starting QB (2 Viewers)

Why does it matter anyway who the "starter" is. I have a strong feeling both will see significant playing time. It's like the in basketball, the 6th guy comes off the bench and gets 30 minutes playing time, but he wasn't the starter. Really?

However, if only one plays the whole game, and we win, does it really matter if Jameis or Taysom or Deonte Harris is behind center, which come to think of it, would be pretty dang awesome. No one could see him until he was 15-20 yards down field. :)

If Hill practiced with the 1s all week it's Hill. Payton isn;t going to tip his hand though. They also said there were no plans to play Jameis. I tend to think that unless Hill is a disaster, Winston won't play.

Well we know it can't be jameis based on the threads posted since he posted that said Taysom got all 1st team reps, because the Taysom worshippers got to say "told you so" "Payton told Taysom last year it was him"etc...
I don't care i just want to win

[
The biggest thing I see is that the ESPN article eludes to an injury to Winston:

"A source also told ESPN's Dianna Russini that Winston will not be part of any offensive packages unless needed because of injury."

Link: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ot-jameis-winston-start-qb-new-orleans-saints

It would make the move all the clearer, but obviously that creates a lot of internal issues within the Saints organization. Where is this injury disclosed on the injury reports, and who the hell leaked it? Also, Payton has to be boiling inside b/c outside of that report they'd be (ATL) game planning for a Winston lead offense.
You got the context wrong.

It's in case of injury to Taysom.

I can envision Coach Payton coming out in some sort of "wildcat" formation and not lining up any QB under center for the first 2-3 plays. Direct snaps to AK and Murray...

[

You got the context wrong.

It's in case of injury to Taysom.

Got it......context clues.........nevermind. Still, I think at this point it is a good possibility that the leak was legit, and if so really put a cramp into an edge we were trying to gain going into Sunday. I deleted the response to avoid any unintended confusion on my part.

Last edited:
So dissapointing that this information leaked. Only helps the Falcons. What does the NFL rules say about announcing QB's before the game? when is the latest day/time this must be announced? Anyone?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom