Nick Underhill returning to cover the Saints (1 Viewer)

Are there any local writers out there that don’t make everything flowery, that can tell the truth on the state of the team? Wish I could find em if so.

Underhill is neither flowery nor does he always put a positive spin on things. He simply analyzes things based on his knowledge of the game. Can you give me an example of him being overly optimistic, flowery, or putting a positive spin on things when it is not warranted?

What would be in it for him to just write positive articles unless they are warranted? He would actually probably get more views if he wrote article to troll people with negative comments. You know, kind of like Jeff Duncan does. I mean, if you want a guy that is always negative and always looking for the dark lining in the white cloud, you should probably just read Jeff Duncan. He's your man.

There are two. I understand why he does it, but he does pump some sunshine. Sammy isn’t the only one who thinks that.

Assuming he does it, why do you think he does it?

I'm going to need an example of this because I have never seen Underhill be too positive or too negative for that matter. In fact, I'm not sure his articles ever really contain his opinion on things. He just reports the facts or breaks down game film and tells you what happened. That's neutral in regard to positivity and negativity.

Yep.
To me there is zero comparison between the two eras. These last three years have been great regular seasons, as were the 09 to 11 seasons...but the last three years we’ve had terrible playoffs. Huge disappointments. IMO.

We've only had "terrible" playoffs because of one missed tackle and one terribly blown call. If one call is made correctly and one easy tackle is made, this team would have been in the Super Bowl two of the last three years. I wouldn't call that a terrible three year span. We played one bad playoff game in the last 3 years. And honestly, the team on the field the last 3 years is better than any of those teams from 2009 to 2011.

We've only had "terrible" playoffs because of one missed tackle and one terribly blown call. If one call is made correctly and one easy tackle is made, this team would have been in the Super Bowl two of the last three years. I wouldn't call that a terrible three year span. We played one bad playoff game in the last 3 years. And honestly, the team on the field the last 3 years is better than any of those teams from 2009 to 2011.

Respectfully disagree. This team while having a great regular season record, as did the other...has zero finish. An older less dynamic Drew and zero clutch.

Assuming he does it, why do you think he does it?

I'm going to need an example of this because I have never seen Underhill be too positive or too negative for that matter. In fact, I'm not sure his articles ever really contain his opinion on things. He just reports the facts or breaks down game film and tells you what happened. That's neutral in regard to positivity and negativity.

I won’t be able to give you an example as I won’t spend the time to research. It’s just not that important to me to be correct. It’s my opinion and I’m perfectly fine if you or no one else shares it. He does it imo as Soggy stated to keep a balance and be able to have access to key members of the organization.

Underhill is neither flowery nor does he always put a positive spin on things. He simply analyzes things based on his knowledge of the game. Can you give me an example of him being overly optimistic, flowery, or putting a positive spin on things when it is not warranted?

What would be in it for him to just write positive articles unless they are warranted? He would actually probably get more views if he wrote article to troll people with negative comments. You know, kind of like Jeff Duncan does. I mean, if you want a guy that is always negative and always looking for the dark lining in the white cloud, you should probably just read Jeff Duncan. He's your man.

I’m not a Duncan fan either. I’ll take Nick over him. See my other response in regards to providing you an example.

I have always liked Nick Underhill and considered him one of the best sources of Saints info and news. Glad he is back.

I signed up for the year. I hope this really works out for him. Nick is by far the best beat writer we have

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom