Nick Underhill tweets on Eli Apple vs Bucs (1 Viewer)

When Apple was in NY:
rotten-apple-040108-lg.jpg

Apple with the Saints:
a37fc76a0f3aaa8deb53a9b070036bf5

Think a huge part of Apple's turn around has been coaching, Payton, Allen, and DBs Coach Aaron Glenn know how to challenge him, they know he's better when he's at the line, pressing, Godwin is a very good WR.. who burned us repeatedly in the Superdome Back in Week 1, and was pretty much held to being a non factor this past week.

Eli is improving here every week. Aaron Glenn has him going in the right direction. This trade may turn out to have been a steal.

Eli and PJ both seem that they are confident corners with a short memory. They also learn from and correct their mistakes as well. Wish I could say that about Crawley. I believe his confidence is shot.

Masterful move in the middle of this season. Don't know where we'd be defensively without him.

Eli is improving here every week. Aaron Glenn has him going in the right direction. This trade may turn out to have been a steal.

For no more than what we gave, I think it already is a steal.

Also: Anyone watch Ohio State much this year to see who will be Saints soon?

I think the biggest thing with Apple is getting the coaching he needs AND the support of the front office and staff to let him "work out the kinks" on the field. He's going to give up some plays, but if he can keep his confidence level up and eventually earn a couple of picks, the sky is the limit for this guy. No doubt he's already worth what we gave up for him.

It’s blasphomus, as a huge Latt fan, but there were moments in that game when I was hoping it was Eli covering a certain WR in some coverages. Props to him on playing the best I’ve ever seen him play as a Pro.

It's not rocket science - it's just press coverage with quick QB pressure. A good QB will eat us up if we run that every time like we did against Jameis. Man, I'm going to miss him.Jameis Saints II 2018.jpg

It's not rocket science - it's just press coverage with quick QB pressure. A good QB will eat us up if we run that every time like we did against Jameis. Man, I'm going to miss him.
You need to read Underhill's article. Saints do not play a lot of cover 2 man. They implemented a new approach for this game. So this is is not even the typical Saints coverage scheme.

googled but dont find his "article" please post a link if possible. Personally I think the Apple trade
is one of the best non draft day trades the Saints have made in my memory. And no I'm not a millennial but my kids are

You need to read Underhill's article. Saints do not play a lot of cover 2 man. They implemented a new approach for this game. So this is is not even the typical Saints coverage scheme.

Maybe it WAS rocket science then. :)

This could be just a repercussion of being a fan of the Saints since their inception, but why do I get the feeling that Crawley is going to end up playing a big part in things before it's over and done!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom