Nick Underhill: Why picking 11th might be better for the Saints than picking 10th (1 Viewer)

I am not against leaving the first round for a good deal, not at all.

I think the Cards are the best bet, we will only be moving down a couple of spots, getting a player we will be interested, and get an additional fourth or something like that.

It also would not be that expensive for the Cards, who need someone who can learn behind Palmer for a year.

Texans and the other ones will be more expensive trades to do, but everything is possible, specially staying put.

Browns are also a plausible trade partner on draft day. They won't live it down if they lose out on another potential franchise QB in the first round, with two top 12 picks.

Browns are also a plausible trade partner on draft day. They won't live it down if they lose out on another potential franchise QB in the first round, with two top 12 picks.

And that could play into our hands as well. Arizona makes an offer and the Browns trump that offer and one of them ends up giving us more than that pick is worth in the bidding war.

You have to figure that the whole league believes there's a good chance that the Browns will go QB with their 2nd pick... so there could very well be some offers there. There's even a small possibility that we grab an additional 2nd round pick.

Do you think trade with us with pick # 13 or #33?

One would be a minor trade, the other I don't see. With the amount of picks they have, they may look to trade just in front of the texans if they are looking for someone who may be gone around the twenties.

So if we do swap first round picks with Arizona what would we get in return?
If we do trade, we could still get a great DE.

So if we do swap first round picks with Arizona what would we get in return?
If we do trade, we could still get a great DE.

I presume a fourth or fifth. Nothing much for a couple of spots.

I love our draft position this year. On one hand, if a QB or two goes in front of us, we get a top 10 talent without a top 10 contract. On the other hand, if no QB's are taken, we are sitting in the perfect spot for a trade back with multiple QB needy teams who have to believe we are willing to take one ourselves. What a beautiful bundle of opportunities this draft will be!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom