Nick Williams DT Samford - looks a good late round pick (1 Viewer)

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
-14d90fc661b7f191.JPG

-b12dbfb52c0e9c05.JPG

After a strong showing at this weekend's NFL Combine, it appears the former Samford defensive tackle made the right choice.

Williams, at 309 pounds, ran an impressive 4.94-second 40-yard dash, lifted 225 pounds 28 times on the bench press, had a vertical leap of 33 inches and a broad jump of 111 inches.

His measurements: 6-foot-4, 309 pounds, 34 1/8-inch arms, 10 1/4-inch hands.

Williams, who had 31 tackles and seven sacks as a senior at Samford, is pegged as a 3-4 defensive end prospect. He's hoping to become the second Bulldog in as many years to be drafted, as safety Corey White went to the New Orleans Saints in the fifth round of last year's.

Has awesome measurables, as long as he can be quick enough to be a disruptive DE in the 1-Gap system then id be happy if we got him

Ive researched some on this guy and I think we have a close eye on him. He seems like the type of small school kid we would draft. We took his former teammate last year, Corey White, so I would assume we have an eye on him. He kind of reminds me of Akiem Hicks' teammate at Regina, Stefan Charles. We have talked about him in the 2013 NFL Draft Thread. Both are exceptionally athletic given their size.

if he's in the 6th, 7th or undrafted... I am for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom