Nicolai Ionescu, or Richard Wurmbrand (2 Viewers)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever heard of this man? I recently read a book written by him. It was called "Tortured for Christ."

He was a Romanian. He was first tortured by the Nazis when they took over Romania. Later, when the Soviets came in, he really began to suffer. He spent 14 years in Prison because of his faith in Jesus Christ.

Now, I'm not starting this because of my own faith. I'm bringing this up because of the man himself. What he went through is described in this book. The Soviets were some cruel individuals. They did unspeakable things to these people.

Being a Veteran of the Soviet era, I found this to be an intoxicating read. If you are interested in just what sort of things the Soviets did to maintain power over its citizens, I would highly recommend this book to you.

Has anyone else ever heard of this man? I recently read a book written by him. It was called "Tortured for Christ."

He was a Romanian. He was first tortured by the Nazis when they took over Romania. Later, when the Soviets came in, he really began to suffer. He spent 14 years in Prison because of his faith in Jesus Christ.

Now, I'm not starting this because of my own faith. I'm bringing this up because of the man himself. What he went through is described in this book. The Soviets were some cruel individuals. They did unspeakable things to these people.

Being a Veteran of the Soviet era, I found this to be an intoxicating read. If you are interested in just what sort of things the Soviets did to maintain power over its citizens, I would highly recommend this book to you.

Dave, what is the title of the book?

Actually living in the former Eastern Bloc has opened my eyes. I see all kinds of documentaries that will never make American tv. I may just write a post ab out it, but it will be long and probably anger people on both the left and right.

I just couldn't believe what I was reading about the old Soviets. The "torture" stories that he spoke of were only a few, as he said that they gave him nightmares to really speak of them. However, the ones he did give broke my heart.

As I said, this was a very good read. I discovered it by accident, but am so glad that I read it.

As a veteran of the US Navy of the Soviet era, it has opened up my eyes to what it was that I was fighting and standing up for while in Service to my Country.

Actually living in the former Eastern Bloc has opened my eyes. I see all kinds of documentaries that will never make American tv. I may just write a post ab out it, but it will be long and probably anger people on both the left and right.
I'd love to read it.

Do it
I love being challenged in my thinking

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom