Nielsen: Xbox 360 Most Used Console (1 Viewer)

49erKiller

I am 100% human
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Nielsen: Xbox 360 Most Used Console
Female gamers account for 45 percent of active gamers.

by Jim Reilly
<!-- START: latest media --><!-- END: latest media --><!-- START: main article content --><SCRIPT>showUSloc=(checkLocale('uk')||checkLocale('au'));document.writeln(showUSloc ? 'US, ' : '');</SCRIPT>January 6, 2010 - A survey conducted by U.S. research firm Nielsen has revealed Microsoft's Xbox 360 is currently the most played console in terms of total usage minutes, coming in at 23.1 percent. Sony's PlayStation 2 came in second at 20.4 percent, and the Nintendo Wii at third with 19 percent.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1058513p1.html

Notice that PS3 isn't even in the top 3. :covri:

/someonehastoswingapillowfromtimetotime :hihi:

buzd, I hope you don't mind if I.............:cheer:

/someonehastoswingapillowfromtimetotime :hihi:

d_7414.jpg

That's because Microsoft's Xbox 360 is currently the
best gaming console on the market.

Yea, I said it!!

I know 8 people that own a Wi thats collecting dust.

I think it's the demographic... The Wii was bought up by grandma's walking the malls of America as fast as they could get their hands on them b/c they kept being told that they were so hard to find and so many kids would want them... So they were searched out and purchased to no end for birthdays, Christmas presents, etc. even when kids already had other consoles they were heavily invested in. Or in other words, the supply/demand situation drove the lack of supply to higher heights than it would have if the Wii was readily available in the early days of production. Nintendo played this game perfectly.

I've got 3 co-workers that said they bought them simply because they were @ Toys R Us / Wal-Mart / Game Store in the Mall, etc. and happened to see actually in stock.

They thought it was cool at first, and then the novelty wore off and it usually does just wind up sitting.

I actually fell into that category at first. We bought one because it was a month before Christmas and I knew my sister was really trying to get one for her kids. My boy was still too young to appreciate it, so I gave her mine before opening it. I 1/2 expected her to give me the cash at a later time, but she wound up finding one while out shopping and gave me another console.

I was cool with it, but the novelty did wear off. Now that my boy is getting heavier into the consoles, we've played Mario Kart as a family (and truly enjoy it), he's gotten into the Mario&Sonic Olympics and now Winter Olympics VERY heavily, then Super Mario Galaxy and now the New Super Mario Bros. games are also favorites. I'd say the Wii gets as much screen time as my 360 if not more (not by my choice).

At first I felt as though it may have been a waste of money, but now I feel like we've truly gotten full value for our purchase and my son absolutely loves it.

I'm nearing the point where I may move it into his room to maximize my 360 time on the main TV.

Last edited:
I know 8 people that own a Wi thats collecting dust.

I bought a few months after launch then sold it a few months after owning it. Played it less than 5 times :idunno:

I know plenty of people that got them and got rid of it or never play it anymore.

Seriously, if anyone is interested in getting rid of one for a fair price, my other sister is considering getting a Wii for her two boys.

I can't afford to buy one outright for them right now, and she doesn't have the spare cash at all, but if you've got a fair deal, and can give me a few weeks I might be able to scrape together a bit of extra coin.

my wife uses the wii everyday for almost as much time as i use my 360 (well i have 2x 360). out of my systems the 360 is about 75% with never using our wii, 20% of the ps2, and every so often i use the dc.

my wife uses the wii everyday for almost as much time as i use my 360 (well i have 2x 360). out of my systems the 360 is about 75% with never using our wii, 20% of the ps2, and every so often i use the dc.

I busted out the DC a few months ago for some Speed Demons and Fishing fun... Even after Katrina took some of my gear, I've still got about 10-15 games, 4-5 mem cards, 3-4 controllers, etc. and loving it.

My son is so easy to impress... "WE HAVE ANOTHER VIDEO GAME SYSTEM!?!"

heh

:hihi:

I busted out the DC a few months ago for some Speed Demons and Fishing fun... Even after Katrina took some of my gear, I've still got about 10-15 games, 4-5 mem cards, 3-4 controllers, etc. and loving it.

My son is so easy to impress... "WE HAVE ANOTHER VIDEO GAME SYSTEM!?!"

heh

:hihi:
haha! not just another system, possibly the best system launched before it's time!!

good stuff!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom