Nightmare on Elm Street Trailer (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
<a href='http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=63620005'>A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET</a><br/><object width='425px' height='360px' ><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'/><param name='wmode' value='transparent'/><param name='movie' value='http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=63620005,t=1,mt=video,searchID=,primarycolor=,secondarycolor='/><embed src='http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=63620005,t=1,mt=video,searchID=,primarycolor=,secondarycolor=' width='425' height='360' allowFullScreen='true' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent'/></object>

No good looks at Freddy but it looks like Micheal Bay couldn't resist the special effects.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yav7Mc7iCQI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yav7Mc7iCQI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Normally, I wouldn't care about another of these horror remakes, but Jackie Earle Haley (Rorshach from Watchmen) as Freddy gives this one a chanceto be worth watching.

Normally, I wouldn't care about another of these horror remakes, but Jackie Earle Haley (Rorshach from Watchmen) as Freddy gives this one a chanceto be worth watching.

I thought that, too, but I didn't dig his face as Freddy or his voice in the trailer.

Michael Bay hasn't directed any of the Platinum Dunes horror remakes, he just owns the company.
They're saying in this movie Freddy might have been falsely accused. I dont like that. He WAS a child murderer. We'll see though, the look of it is nice and with todays special effects the dream scenes could be really something.

I'm just glad the last time we see Freddy on our screens it will no longer be in that **** fest of a movie Freddy vs Jason, even if Freddy isn't being played by Robert Englund this time around.

So its just a remake of the first one. Whats the point?
What's the point of any remake? Cash grab.
However when they do remakes the studios usually release special editions of the original movies, so thats cool.

I'm a big Freddy fan. At first, I wasn't too keen on anyone except Robert Englund in the glove, but I'm willing to go with Haley. I knew the trailer was coming after midnight last night and I waited up. I watched it and thought, "Eh, I'm not sure about this." I just watched it again and it's growing on me. Yes, the look and voice are different, but if we wanted to see and hear the same thing, wouldn't we just pop the DVD in watch the old one?

This remake is not going to systematically go out and terminate every copy of the original that exists. It will still be there to enjoy. Why not enjoy this new version too? Is there not enough room in your horror loving heart for another Freddy?

I'm a big Freddy fan. At first, I wasn't too keen on anyone except Robert Englund in the glove, but I'm willing to go with Haley. I knew the trailer was coming after midnight last night and I waited up. I watched it and thought, "Eh, I'm not sure about this." I just watched it again and it's growing on me. Yes, the look and voice are different, but if we wanted to see and hear the same thing, wouldn't we just pop the DVD in watch the old one?

This remake is not going to systematically go out and terminate every copy of the original that exists. It will still be there to enjoy. Why not enjoy this new version too? Is there not enough room in your horror loving heart for another Freddy?

I'll be there opening night.

I think it looks awesome. I think alot of it is going to be them recreating some of the dream sequences from all of the Nightmare movies but just putting their own spin on them. You see the scene with Nancy in the tub, the boyfriend in jail, the classroom scene( from dream masters), the boiler room , and the outdoor pool party( from part 2). I don't know about the whole Freddy possibly being innocent scenario but from what i have read they do not focus on the backstory that much. This is suppose to be a darker and more ****** off Freddy.

On a side note i saw Little Children a couple of weeks ago and Haley was creepy. I think just his mannerisms will help him in the freddy role since there will be less talking from freddy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom