Nintendo Switch (1 Viewer)

After hearing all the stories but dodging the bullet myself I finally have joy con drift

need to get that taken care of

I think Nintendo will actually send you a replacement set but you need to jump through a ton of hoops for them to do it

(and they’ve hidden the hoops)
If you're handy, and have very steady hands,you can get a pair of replacement sticks for about 15 bucks. I've changed at least 6 of them,but it isn't fun.

If you're handy, and have very steady hands,you can get a pair of replacement sticks for about 15 bucks. I've changed at least 6 of them,but it isn't fun.

Yeah you can kits on amazon for pretty cheap. I've done four of them. It's doable but not the thing I'd make a habit of.

I have a Switch. I tend to drop it in my bag to travel with and then not play it.

I pick it up now and then as a distraction.
Basically me also. Mines loaded with games I havent played more than 5 minutes each. The exceptions are animal crossing and diablo. Both of those I played like a crack fiend for a couple of weeks then never picked up again

Also have 2 ps5's and the new xbox and havent spent more than 5 minutes on a game with either of those either. Picked up the second PS5 in bangkok yesterday as Im stuck in quarantine a few more days so I may finally play red dead 2. My Steam account is full of games Ive never even played at all.

I think I like the idea of gaming more than i like actual gaming at this point in my life

Got a switch near the start of Covid, but just finally broke it out of the box a few weeks back. Played through BOTW, it was pretty good though not my favorite Zelda game. Have now started playing Shovel Knight, really dig it (pun intended). It's a fun blend of Mega Man, Zelda 2, and Super Mario Bros 3 from the NES era.

Got a switch near the start of Covid, but just finally broke it out of the box a few weeks back. Played through BOTW, it was pretty good though not my favorite Zelda game. Have now started playing Shovel Knight, really dig it (pun intended). It's a fun blend of Mega Man, Zelda 2, and Super Mario Bros 3 from the NES era.

and owes a huge debt to NES Ducktales

I bought one for my grand daughter, and no, you can't be her friend!!!! :)

how is the grip working out for you?
The grip is great. I forgot to grab it before leaving for work today so I'm kinda mad at myself. Hope I have a chance to leave at lunch and will run by home and grab it.
After hearing all the stories but dodging the bullet myself I finally have joy con drift

need to get that taken care of

I think Nintendo will actually send you a replacement set but you need to jump through a ton of hoops for them to do it

(and they’ve hidden the hoops)
I'm having serious joy con drift issues with my left stick to the point that I'm unable to pull of certain moves in Smash. I have seen the kits they are talking about and I think I'd fail at replacing it and be left with a totally unworkable controller. I'm just going to buy a new controller that isn't the joy con. I've heard the Pro Switch controller is good and a charge lasts for about 20 hours of gameplay. Anyone have one or try one?

This one.

ETA: I rarely put anything on my wishlist on Amazon but decided to put that controller on there for some reason. I have items on there going back to 2001 and there are only like 15 things.

Last edited:
I already had to buy my son a second set of controllers because of the drifting issue. Its apparently very common issue.

I haven't experienced drift yet (thankfully), is it a physical defect with the joysticks? Wearing out a spring or something?

I've had my switch since launch and I'm just now getting drift

Guess I got lucky

And that may be a common issue with a lot of controllers, i'm not a big gamer, so i wouldn't know.

I already had to buy my son a second set of controllers because of the drifting issue. Its apparently very common issue.
I figured that was the case too, but the majority of people I talk to about it in chats while playing react like I'm crazy and say they've never had any issues. Then again, I am very heavy handed and played nothing but Mario Kart for the first few months I had the Switch, and when I get behind I unconsciously push harder on the stick to turn and even hold it longer lots of times. I'm fairly certain my frustration is what caused the issue. Of course, I think they should make them much more durable to begin with, but everything nowadays is created with the intention of needing to be replaced after x amount of time so that people have to spend money to replace it.

Regardless, I'm getting a new one that isn't the joy con.

It's a weird quality control issue for Nintendo, they usually get very high marks for that

there's a ton of stories about their consoles and handhelds still working after being in a fire, flood, dropped from high places etc.

(My mid 80's NES and my early 80's Game & Watches still work)

Last edited:
It's a weird quality for Nintendo they usually get very high marks for that

there's a ton of stories about their consoles and handhelds still working after being in a fire, flood, dropped from high places etc.

(My mid 80's NES and my early 80's Game & Watches still work)
My original Gameboy had battery acid leak all over the insides. I thought it was dead but it started working again a couple days later. I think it still works to this day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom