Nmamdi Highlights (hadn't seen any through search) i really like him (1 Viewer)

Groovepro

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Washington, La. (but touring nationally mostly)
you can see with the raiders, he is playing a lot of press/man. he is long, rangy and extremely confident corner. he has good technique and aggressive. this would be the way he would be playing with us, in that scheme.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O8-hdBZR99c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QUctIX0So8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

with eagles, mostly zone assignments

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d6bwcgykPes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

in the highlights against cardinals (almost all zone), the only balls completed were when they left his zone responsibility. there was a blown coverage for a TD which, seems with 2 safetys, he peeled up the field and pushed in into midfield safety help that wasn't there. he wasn't "BEAT" by the guy. looks like he did what he was supposed to, but, it wasn't that he got beat, even if a blown coverage (just miscommunication and he did what he thought he was supposed to do). also, he is NOT hesitant to get in there for run support.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ylzPk4UoCvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i really like this guy and him with lewis, we would have good aggressive, rangier corners with some attitude. greer will still be on the field a lot, and as others have expressed, greer as your #3 CB is NOT a bad option!

I will like him even better once he signs with us and I can stop the progression of my carpal tunnel from hitting f5.

Maybe I am reading into it too much but it looks like he had a lot more fun playing in Oakland. Obviously, him having success there led to him having fun but his body language was completely different in Philly even when he did make a good play. He didn't seem to be enjoying himself out there at all and I can certainly understand why.

I'm hoping that I am correct because if we sign him then there is no way for him to not enjoy playing for our fans and in our dome. If anyone can, then Sean Payton could motivate him and help him regain his passion for the game.

Maybe I am reading into it too much but it looks like he had a lot more fun playing in Oakland. Obviously, him having success there led to him having fun but his body language was completely different in Philly even when he did make a good play. He didn't seem to be enjoying himself out there at all and I can certainly understand why.

I'm hoping that I am correct because if we sign him then there is no way for him to not enjoy playing for our fans and in our dome. If anyone can, then Sean Payton could motivate him and help him regain his passion for the game.

there is definitely something to that. as i had mentioned, he would be balling (or expected) to be balling like he did in oakland and in same scheme with ryan.

i am glad he has the zone experience over the last few years, as well.

i just really like the guy. i really didn't know much about him until started watching highlights recently. as far as i knew, he was a "supposed" great corner who sucked in philly...that is all i really knew.

after watching film...the man can ball.

The way he played against marshall and fitz in man press coverage, he looked like a freak, would love to get him, him and keenan could press anyone, we would just need to get to the QB then, hope we get him!

only catches i noticed fitz get were a couple where nnamdi played a zone. the td catch he looked like he was hoping for someone to be up top.

he also made a couple solid hits/tackles, and played that pitch well the cardinals ran late in the video.

I really liked the way he attacked the ball carrier. He wasn't going after ankles. It looks he knows that he is a big corner and likes to play physical with the big boys, too.

nnamdi still has it in him to be the best man press CB in the league, he just needs the right scheme? didnt we sign some guy named rob ryan who coached him in oakland? i think so :)

only catches i noticed fitz get were a couple where nnamdi played a zone. the td catch he looked like he was hoping for someone to be up top.

he also made a couple solid hits/tackles, and played that pitch well the cardinals ran late in the video.

I really liked the way he attacked the ball carrier. He wasn't going after ankles. It looks he knows that he is a big corner and likes to play physical with the big boys, too.

nnamdi still has it in him to be the best man press CB in the league, he just needs the right scheme? didnt we sign some guy named rob ryan who coached him in oakland? i think so :)

that is why i posted all these videos. i saw a LOT to like. i will be bummed if he doesn't sign, not only due to his skill set, but that i feel he would be utilized properly with ryan. i think he would be chomping at the bit to be THE guy at CB, be on a SB contender with a coach who knows him and knows how to utilize him.

having lewis opposite...both bigger, rangy DB's with man skills, great technique, recovery and recognition WITH a chip on their shoulders...would be sick...pencil in the depth in secondary with greer...wow.

i think that harper, jenkins, mack (hopefully is brought back), abdul-quddus and p-rob gives us some serious secondary hope.

CB - Nnamdi (on 2-3 year deal), Greer, Lewis, PRob, Mack
S - Jenkins, Harper, Isa, Bush, White

STACKKKKKKKKKKKKKED

Wow, he plays some VERY tight man coverage! Non stop blitzing from this defense if we sign him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom