Nmandi Asomugha and Rob Ryan (1 Viewer)

Pdlc

NOT A FANBOY
Reaction score
Let me start off with, yes we are reportedly 20.6 million over the cap but all things cap related are possible under Loomis. :9:

People are saying Asomugha is as good as gone in Philly Nnamdi Asomugha - Philadelphia Eagles - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com. Ryan was DC from 2004-2008, Asomugha was in Oakland from 2003-2010. With so many good WR's with size, 3 in the NFC South alone, big Cb's are becoming an asset. Aso struggled in Philly but it's obvious he wasn't used correctly. Ryan loves Aso, this is a 2011 article but I'm sure not much has changed Nnamdi Asomugha price tag: Rob Ryan puts it at $1 billion | Dallas Cowboys Blog

I could see Ryan trying to convince Loomis to make a play at Aso, if/when he becomes available. Of course it would have to be at the right price

Asomugha can only do one thing well, as it turns out -- side-of-the-field man coverage. He's no good in a zone, and not so good in the slot. He has a made a career of using the sideline as an extra defender.

Even two years ago, Ron Jaworksi was saying he was "very good" but not "great", and not in the same class as Revis, even though they were considered 1 and 1A before Aso joined the Eagles. And his effort and adaptability last year were less then stellar.

Given his age, his relative abilities, and what he's likely to want in salary, I don't see him in black and gold.

The market will dictate it, also his willingness to take less to ring chase.

Off topic slightly, but wasn't he born in Louisiana?

I've watched some 5-6 eagles games last year. I know our corners were awful but asomugha wasn't so far behind. At times he was downright embarassing

Oh, and to respond the OP...I'd take him in a second.

Now this would be a good way to fill a need. Corners his size dont come along in FA often

If the eagles cut him his age+rob ryan should make him rather cheap for us.

I like the prospect of it.....wht happens to Greer though? Tht would be a lot of money tied up in the secondary

I live in the Philly market so i am cursed with watching Eagles games all the time. Keep him AWAY from the Black and Gold! All he's good for is jamming WRs at the line of scrimmage. Last season when the Falcons played the Eagles, i watched Julio MAN-handle him so bad and turned him into Burnt toast. I wouldn't want to watch that 2x a year on us at all

If we are talking about Philly corner, then I want DRC. I've always been a fan of his. Very fast and athletic. He's not the most physical but I still think he's a great corner.

If we went after a CB, I would rather us go after Aquib Talib or Brent Grimes. I honestly would LOVE to go after William Moore, but thats another thread.

In the right defense NA will thrive. Couldn't hurt to see what he got. No worse than our 32nd defense.

In Rayn's defense Nmandi is stellar. He is the best press CB in the league and can match up one on one and handle any reciever in the league.

The Eagles were idiots, they put him in the slot and forced him to play off the recievers and zone too much. As for last year, I think he knew that team was doomed, just like everyone else did.

In Oakland, they assigned him to the biggest baddest reciever and let him go after the guy. His ability to disrupt a reciever's route at the line of scrimmage is unmatched. He shuts down any inside routes with his physical play and pinches recievers into the sideline if they try to over top.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom