Nmandi or Ed Reed (1 Viewer)

I agree that Nnamdi has been a bust while in Philly. I don't think that Philly played to his strengths, which is bump and run, press coverage. They play a lot of zone. You also have to take into account that their "dream team" basically sucked. When the whole team around you sucks, it tends to rub off on others. I'd give Nnamdi the benefit of the doubt and sign him to an incentive-laden contract.

That being said, if I had to pick one or the other, I'd take Reed. You know what you're getting and we are in a win-now phase. He'd help the most immediately.

33248553.jpg

My thoughts exactly...

Out of the two....I'd take Reed, we both know how much a good safety did for our team during our superbowl run (sharper)

If you could only have one of these guys, who would you sign and why?

Both! The whole "If you could only have one of these guys" quantifier is just to illicit a desired response, but it states that you COULD have both (either), at that point, it just becomes logistics. If you have two options, then you can not limit yourself and extrapolate 3 or 4 or more options, just me, but i always look for plan C, D, and E too.... so my answer would have to be both, and make it happen Loomis! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Nmandi by a mile. Reed had hall of famers everywhere around him which helped him.

Namdi brings more gas in the tank, but Reed brings experience and cunning.

I would love our DB's to train 2 years on the field under Reed, then make him an assistant.

I agree that Nnamdi has been a bust while in Philly. I don't think that Philly played to his strengths, which is bump and run, press coverage. They play a lot of zone. You also have to take into account that their "dream team" basically sucked. When the whole team around you sucks, it tends to rub off on others. I'd give Nnamdi the benefit of the doubt and sign him to an incentive-laden contract.

That being said, if I had to pick one or the other, I'd take Reed. You know what you're getting and we are in a win-now phase. He'd help the most immediately.
Ehum
VISIT! From Matt Maiocco this one who reports that Nnamdi Asomugha is on his way to visit the Saints. New Orleans clearly were not happy with the production they got from their cornerbacks last year, as can be told from the acquisition of Keenan Lewis. But is Asomugha the right answer? There seems to be a 50/50 split right now as to whether “Scrabble” was ever as good as he was hyped, or whether the Eagles just mismanaged him, not using him as a press corner enough. Never mind he spent the fourth highest amount of time of any corner lined up as a press corner in coverage, but still.

Furthermore, the eagles had 50 sacks in '11 (#1 in the league) and nnamdi sucked big time. Last year they dropped all the way to #25 and even playing press coverage, he sucked even more, but it may be because "they never played him in press coverage" uh.

I'll go with reed, he's been pro-bowl (if not all-pro) worthy for quite some years

Ehum

Furthermore, the eagles had 50 sacks in '11 (#1 in the league) and nnamdi sucked big time. Last year they dropped all the way to #25 and even playing press coverage, he sucked even more, but it may be because "they never played him in press coverage" uh.

I'll go with reed, he's been pro-bowl (if not all-pro) worthy for quite some years

Ding ding ding. And Ed Reed wants 7 million a year. It would be worth it if we could get him for Sharper Money, but he will likely want double that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom