Nnamdi Asomugha amid interest from Saints!!! (1 Viewer)

LOL well according to KFFL he was already scheduled to fly to San Fran today if he didn't sign with Texans.

Ed will hit every team that is interested then sign with whomever offers the most (probably Texans).....doubt it will be in NO though....haven't really seen the Saints even show enough interest for him to schedule a visit.

Well it normally happens that the team dnt show much interest normally signs the guy if they want him. If S, RR, and Loomis want Reed im quite sure Benson would ok a nice signing bonus to get him back home to play for the home team. Bet Reed would love to play in the black and gold. Just bring him dwn and see. You never know!! All i know is im tired of seeing Harper wif on hits that should be made. Harp really need to restructure. Havent heard nothing yet on that deal!!

The Saints NEED to sign a LT. There is still the LT from NE (Don't know how to spell the last name) and Mckinnie from Baltamore. Mckinnie will be 33 so he would be a good short term sign if we plan on drafting a LT and paving him out

The Saints NEED to sign a LT. There is still the LT from NE (Don't know how to spell the last name) and Mckinnie from Baltamore. Mckinnie will be 33 so he would be a good short term sign if we plan on drafting a LT and paving him out

The tackle from NE his last name is Vollmer. I watched McKinnie struggle and get beat too many times least season, plus he's up there in age and like you said he'd only be a short term solution. I'd prefer Vollmer if we had the cap space, but I think he will demand a big contract, he is still relatively young. but if we could afford him I'd be happy with that, even though I believe we should still go defense.

The tackle from NE his last name is Vollmer. I watched McKinnie struggle and get beat too many times least season, plus he's up there in age and like you said he'd only be a short term solution. I'd prefer Vollmer if we had the cap space, but I think he will demand a big contract, he is still relatively young. but if we could afford him I'd be happy with that, even though I believe we should still go defense.
Vollmer is a RT.

Vollmer is a RT.
He actually had 5 starts in 2009 at LT
1. Sebastian Vollmer

2012 Grade: +28.2
2012 Snaps: 1,261

Summary: The truly elite “franchise” left tackles don’t hit the open market, that’s why you’re not seeing Ryan Clady on this list. However, Vollmer leads a class of free agent tackles who are in the class of ‘very good’ and, more is the point, excellent value for money in a position that will not directly win you football games.
In his four-year tenure in New England, Vollmer has experience at both left tackle (five starts in 2009, +17.5 grade) and right tackle, and has excelled at both positions. The talk of the town in the AFC East was what the arrival of Mario Williams would do to the division’s tackles. Well, Vollmer didn’t allow a single pressure to Williams in the one game that he faced him this season (with Williams deployed primarily on the right side in the return encounter).
A tremendously consistent performer on both sides of the line, Vollmer has only four single-game grades of -3.0 or worse in his four years with the Patriots. If you look at offensive tackle as a mistake-driven position, then Vollmer is an extremely safe pair of hands. In fact, his only letdown performance this season came against Cameron Wake when he was playing with a bad back.

I don't see why we can't sign Vollmer and slide him over to LT. Then, we could let Marcel and Strief battle it out at RT.

You can't spell Baltimore either.... :rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom