Nnamdi Asomugha 'hit it off' during weekend visit, GM Mickey Loomis said Monday morning (1 Viewer)

Greer's cap # this year is $5.4M, with $4M being dead money. We'd only save $1.4M in cap space by cutting him.

He could be declared a June 1 cut designating half of the dead money to next year. I am not an advocate of releasing him, just stating the most likely to be released if someone is indeed released.

Considering $1.4M is about 40% of what we have now, Thats a good amount of free'd up money.

You wouldn't pick up anyone of Greer's caliber for 1.4 mil. He was off last season, but he was still by a mile our best CB.

You wouldn't pick up anyone of Greer's caliber for 1.4 mil. He was off last season, but he was still by a mile our best CB.

correct, you're not gonna release someone like Greer to save only 1.4 million off the cap and then get some marginal player in his place

While true, if that 1.4 million is the difference at having Aso as a starter or Greer, I choose Aso.

thats great but i hope he doesnt expect a huge payday because he is almost 32 and has been playing bad for the past 2 seasons but you could also blame it on the scheme

I'm no GM but I'm pretty sure Loomis is about value and I don't think cutting Greer to save 1.4M while losing 4M in dead cash equals value. I dont see Greer going anywhere.

I'm no GM but I'm pretty sure Loomis is about value and I don't think cutting Greer to save 1.4M while losing 4M in dead cash equals value. I dont see Greer going anywhere.

I would love if we could keep him and let him play the slot. I think he would be great as a nickle back. I wish they could get Harper to restructure to save a million or more.

I wonder where NNamdi lived at in his short life in Lafayette.

When's the last time Loomis made any comment about a FA that we haven't signed yet, especially one in such a positive light?

How often do we bring in a high profile free agent while Loomis and Payton are at league meetings and all but forced to have press conferences one day after said free agent visited?

Biggest excuse I constantly see. Philly was not a pure zone team. They played zone and man, he sucked in both. He was also absolutely terrible tackling and in run support.

If the Rob Ryan thinks there is something there he can work with, hey who am I to argue with him but I just dont see it.

I think you saw a player that lost interest........not someone with particularly declining skills.

Nnamdi Asomugha vs Larry Fitzgerald Week 3 2012 - YouTube

I refer you the above video. To say that he SUCKED would be wrong IMHO. I think he also knows the value of a scheme fit vs money now as well. SP even talked about how a guy may have go thru a few years where he isn't used to what you are seeing. Sometimes the scheme is not a fit...but he mentioned that the skillset is still there and i tend to agree.

IF anything its instant competition and YES Nnamdi is an upgrade...over who it depends on who you ask.

All the Nnamdi talk has got me thinking (dangerous, I know)...I've been thinking we absolutely need pass rusher first and foremost, but maybe you're right. If an Aso, Lewis, Greer combo could shut down receivers just couple seconds longer, that might be enough to result in some coverage sacks. Basically, backward from how I had been thinking about it. I've been thinking pass rush is crucial to make the backfield better, but maybe a sick backfield could bolster the pass rush.

I thought about this too. But, if our CBs are able to lock down man vs man, then that would enable more blitz packages and maybe sending more people more often. So pass rush and get there sooner if we have a unblocked rusher. If Aso, Lewis, Greer and whoever can jam at the line and stay tight for 3-4 secs then rushing 6 or 7 may be an option.

I thought about this too. But, if our CBs are able to lock down man vs man, then that would enable more blitz packages and maybe sending more people more often. So pass rush and get there sooner if we have a unblocked rusher. If Aso, Lewis, Greer and whoever can jam at the line and stay tight for 3-4 secs then rushing 6 or 7 may be an option.

I totally agree. good CB's can also create coverage sacks and we don't have to blitz as much. If we could have good coverage and good pressure on the QB at the same time I believe INT's will increase also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom