Nnamdi will be our Drew Brees for the Defense (1 Viewer)

I'm not talking about his personality. Dude is a great guy. I'm not the type of pansy that has the nerve to point fingers at others personalities when mine is not good itself. I'm talking about his play. What I'm referring to is you saying he will be the Drew Brees of our defense judging of an old article from his days as a Raider. Most of the players on the Saints roster are great guys, so are you going to call them all the Drew Brees of whatever position they play?

Most of our guys are great guys but they don't put in the crazy amount of extra time like Drew Brees does coming into the Saints facility on his bye week and running a game through his head by himself. Those guys are a rare breed and if you read the article I am saying Nnamdi Asomugha is that guy. Everyone is doubting him because he was playing in a Zone system that had a OL coach as the Def. coordinator. The previous 8 seasons with the Raiders he was training and perfecting being a man to man corner.(was a FS at Cal and struggled at corner with the Raiders at first) That would be like taking Brees and putting him in a offense that runs the option spread.

I would love to land him here in NOLA. I think Nnamdi is a Sean Payton type of guy, and I don't want to hear anything about a wannabe DC coach taking over the Philly D and expect anything but failure......

That D was just as bad as the Saints D under Spags....no wonder Nnamdi couldn't find his place there.....

I want to see Nnamdi sign with us. I just don't believe his skills just fell off, I believe it was scheme and having a offensive coordinator for a DC. Look at what happened to our defense playing in the wrong scheme, they looked worst than at any other time since Payton's been here. If Loomis, Payton & RR brought him here and offered him a contract it's because they know he still got the skills to to help this team win a championship.

To those of you who know about Nnamdi(and know there is nothing to get excited for) this is not for you.

To the rest of you who are all bouncing off ceilings because you are about to land Nnamdi....he is not the same Asumgha that played for Oakland...that's all.

You are beginning to turn green.

Normally, I respect your posts and don't feel like you troll. But today, it seems like you are only here to rain on everyones parade. I think you are hoping like hell he plays like he did the last two seasons, because if he plays like he played in Oakland, your team is in trouble. Also, that would mean your cap rich team passed on him and he turned out to be good. I hope like hell he comes out and proves you wrong. And when he does, I'm going to make a thread calling you out, so be sure to stick around for the season. (Even if he doesn't come here)

little older than I thought he was but that isn't the sentence of death by any means. How old was Sharper in 2009 and I believe we can all agree he was productive? Hopefully he catches lightning in a bottle being back with RR running the D ( if he signs). At the very least he will be a good veteran influence on our young guys in the secondary from the sounds of his work ethic.

I think he would do well in our defense, especially since we are changing it to a "RR" 3-4 that Nnamdi has prospered in before. My comments were more of a "Hey, I know you are excited, me too, but let's not go overboard" nature.
I conquer.

He is 31 years old. You are 35 but still "The Real Deal" so I don't see any issues.:ezbill:

lol, i wasnt meaning how old he was in a bad or sarcastic way, i really didnt know ( and i didnt feel like looking it up :( )

This guy is unbelievable...reminds of Drew Brees and Jonathan Vilma. Would be a perfect fit and I feel with the type of person he is would only be fitting if he won a Superbowl with like character human beings. Please read the below article, you will be amazed.

"He never went out," Carter says. "He didn't drink, doesn't smoke. And this guy is in there serving people. He's cleaning off tables. I'm like, 'Nam, you can't do that now. You're a first-round draft pick. You're a Raider, man.' That's just how humble this dude is.

No team in the NFL plays as much man as the Raiders, Asomugha says, and he has begged, for six years, for various defensive coordinators to mix it up. The Raiders still play man-to-man about 90 percent of the time. It requires split-second decision-making and air-traffic-controller focus. Attention to detail is key. Every night, after the Raiders' meetings and practice, Asomugha goes home and watches a couple more hours of his opponents on tape. "If it can be the length of a good movie, I'll sacrifice that movie for the day to get film [study] in," he says. In hindsight, playing man-to-man has helped make Asomugha one of the most dominating defensive backs in the league."
Oakland Raiders' Nnamdi Asomugha might not be a household name, but he's widely known by NFL quarterbacks - ESPN

What???? The dude is old and looked terrible in Philly.

Yeah. The "he never partied" thing only counts if people still like you when you don't. If you're the weird guy, and that's cool, you're not a leader in the locker room. Drew is a responsible mature adult who doesn't party. But he's Cool Brees. It's different. Gleason and Fujita are the guys that make mature and responsible cool. I'd be glad to have Nnamdi, but he's not going to command respect or bring a likability with him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom