Nnamdi will be our Drew Brees for the Defense (1 Viewer)

Man look... I'd be excited if we signe NA based on the potential that he was in a bad system in phili and back with rob Ryan but some of you guys are ridiculous!!

There every reason and argument to be made that dude is washed up...

The real answer is somewhere right in the middle... He'll probable be a good solid corner like a Mike McKensey or something like that...

Who's Mike McKensey???

This guy is unbelievable...reminds of Drew Brees and Jonathan Vilma. Would be a perfect fit and I feel with the type of person he is would only be fitting if he won a Superbowl with like character human beings. Please read the below article, you will be amazed.

"He never went out," Carter says. "He didn't drink, doesn't smoke. And this guy is in there serving people. He's cleaning off tables. I'm like, 'Nam, you can't do that now. You're a first-round draft pick. You're a Raider, man.' That's just how humble this dude is.

No team in the NFL plays as much man as the Raiders, Asomugha says, and he has begged, for six years, for various defensive coordinators to mix it up. The Raiders still play man-to-man about 90 percent of the time. It requires split-second decision-making and air-traffic-controller focus. Attention to detail is key. Every night, after the Raiders' meetings and practice, Asomugha goes home and watches a couple more hours of his opponents on tape. "If it can be the length of a good movie, I'll sacrifice that movie for the day to get film [study] in," he says. In hindsight, playing man-to-man has helped make Asomugha one of the most dominating defensive backs in the league."
Oakland Raiders' Nnamdi Asomugha might not be a household name, but he's widely known by NFL quarterbacks - ESPN

He has to be on the team first which likely won't happen.

U read the article. It said 2009. :spit:

Are you serious? I know the article was from 2009. The article focuses on how the guy has a unbelievable work ethic, spends extra time in the film room, does not go out to clubs,etc. Sounds like a guy we have named Drew Brees. Last time I checked when you get older your character does not decrease.

Didn't Philly have a offensive line coach running the D, also he was put into zone a lot which he struggled with alot.

The real answer is somewhere right in the middle... He'll probable be a good solid corner like a Mike McKensey or something like that...
Because of the first, I think wherever he lands it's likely to be a Moss from Raiders to Patriots kind of thing. Will Nnamdi have 6 great years? No. Is it possible he was in a pit of suck with terrible DCs and a bad situation the way Moss was stuck in a craptastic 1983 offense in Oakland? More than 50%/50% I think. No guarantees, but of all the complaints of how he did in Oakland none really had to do with injury or losing a step, and it was down to him, Revis and the underrated Bailey for best CB in the league before then. Dunno, I see the clown circus on D in Philly as more likely to be to blame than at a relatively young age for CBs that he fell off the map suddenly in skill.

So the dude ate lunch in his car while at work, my question is, who hasn't? Hell I have had some crap co-workers I sat next to that I had to get away from. Heck, one of my fondest memories with TSA was taking a nap in my car at lunch.

I would welcome Nnamdi and his "social issues" all day long. As long as he isn't murdering anyone he is fine by me. He will play for another 4 years and then be moved to safety before he hangs them up.

He has to be on the team first which likely won't happen.

Really? Considering John Clayton at the owners meetings just reported on ESPN that he had an excellent visit with the Saints and it looks like because of slightly more money and better system fit the Saints are most likely to be the landing spot for Nnamdi Aaomugha.

Didn't Philly have a offensive line coach running the D, also he was put into zone a lot which he struggled with alot. I'm not saying the guy is great but at least take into consideration what could have affected his play.

I think he would do well in our defense, especially since we are changing it to a "RR" 3-4 that Nnamdi has prospered in before. My comments were more of a "Hey, I know you are excited, me too, but let's not go overboard" nature.

Well, I'll take all this speculation over bounty bs any day.

***? he was terrible in philadelphia and has serious personality problems.

I see you only keep up with Saints football, although most fans of the game knows Nnamdi is a class act.

Trust me people, the past 2 seasons doesn't outweigh his performances as a Raider, even-though a good bit of our beloved Saints fans thinks it does. Lol at those fans.

Are you serious? I know the article was from 2009. The article focuses on how the guy has a unbelievable work ethic, spends extra time in the film room, does not go out to clubs,etc. Sounds like a guy we have named Drew Brees. Last time I checked when you get older your character does not decrease.

I'm not talking about his personality. Dude is a great guy. I'm not the type of pansy that has the nerve to point fingers at others personalities when mine is not good itself. I'm talking about his play. What I'm referring to is you saying he will be the Drew Brees of our defense judging of an old article from his days as a Raider. Most of the players on the Saints roster are great guys, so are you going to call them all the Drew Brees of whatever position they play?

Maybe a change of scenery will do him good but he sucked in Philly. Hopefully Julio won't burn him for another bomb when we play the failcons.

To those of you who know about Nnamdi(and know there is nothing to get excited for) this is not for you.

To the rest of you who are all bouncing off ceilings because you are about to land Nnamdi....he is not the same Asumgha that played for Oakland...that's all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom